thirty bees forum

thirty bees is on Patreon, become a patron today!

@lesley said in thirty bees is on Patreon, become a patron today!:

True. Hopefully we can get it going where we don't have to worry about funding.

It will take time but I'm sure it will get there. The growth 30bz (and thus the support) will build upon itself and gain momentum over time.

Thanks for adding info to the new backer level. :) ~~The newly added info seems like it might not quite fit between the level below and the level above. I'm sure people are contributing more to support the project than to get the rewards but I thought I'd mention it.~~ Not sure if I misread the Patreon page or if it's already been fixed but either way my previous text is no longer applicable.

• 4 weeks later...

@lesley How many downloads of TB are there the last few moths? How many forum users are here? Is it an idea to make it a email registered download at the TB download side to get more users info / Patreons. There are less site where you can dowload software whithout leaving an email account so why not on the TB downloadsite. If you run a commercial bussines what is 10 dollars p/m to keep your bussines running on a better system with more free modules, less bugs and more support then PS. With Presta I spend lots of euro's on module and Theme to get things work as i want. With TB jus TB + Transformer template. We soon need more Patreons too get TB to a higher level.

We cannot release actual numbers, but things are starting to grow tremendously. Currently no, we are not going to collect that data on download.

I agree, I am hoping we will get a lot more patrons this year as the word gets out and people start migrating and upgrading at the beginning of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about putting a PayPal donation button on ThirtyBees forums / website itself? A lot of people don't like the idea of a signed up service like Patreon or whatever because however you paint it it is a subscription service. A donation button may bring in extra cash to support the recurring monthly costs, after all the crowdfunding for Elastic Search was a good success.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, Lesley! I'm going to start my videotutorials collection for Spanish TB users, so I created my affiliate account on a2hosting through your own affiliate link. That way you will receive the sub-affiliate commisions, as I've read...

All I can help you to grow, I'll do it. Thanks for so much support!

This week we are actually releasing a post where we are moving off of patreon to an in house solution, that will give us better control, save money on fees, and offer more payment options. Our forum also has blogs as well, I just wrote a post on how to activate your own blog here, 

That way you can share your thoughts or ideas with other thirty bees users.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 9:07 PM, lesley said:

This week we are actually releasing a post where we are moving off of patreon to an in house solution, that will give us better control, save money on fees, and offer more payment options. Our forum also has blogs as well, I just wrote a post on how to activate your own blog here, 

That way you can share your thoughts or ideas with other thirty bees users.  

What about this patreon thing ?

4 hours ago, lesley said:

fraudulent charges

MaxMind minFraud is great and cheap.  I still find it interesting no one has created a module for this  I will find the api and post it all. I saw fraudlabs pro which is good but very expensive.  There is also fraud record as well which is free.