Undefined index: name on a module configuration page

• When I visit a certain third party module’s configuration page I get the following error:

Notice on line 988 in file /cache/smarty/compile/e8/17/8f/e8178f4c9387e84f401348d28910fcfff4f23a17.file.form.tpl.php
    [8] Undefined index: name

The developer said it is unrelated to their module and is caused by debugging being enabled in the “defines.php” file.

I don’t know whether this is a ps/tb incompatibility issue or something else, but I’m posting it here in case it’s relevant for someone or something.

• administrators

The developer said it is unrelated to their module and is caused by debugging being enabled in the “defines.php” file.

Argh, that is so not true. Having debugging enabled actually reveals problems. How is the dev so sure it’s not the module?

• Sounded odd to me, too, but I don’t have any arguments to give him :) It also only shows up with his module.

• administrators

Ohh, undefined ‘name’ sounds like a HelperForm element that was added, but forgot to define the ‘name’. It is not always necessary, but not adding it will cause the above-mentioned notice.
    Might want to share this info with the dev and hear what s/he has to say.

• I got this reply:

It only shows when debugging is enabled (which it shouldn’t be when the website is fully live). It’s just a bug in Prestashops HelperForm class which may or may not get fixed due to it having no negative effect other than showing a notice (notices generally pose no issue).

I like the “may or may not get fixed”. :)

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.