How To Add A State Column In The Customers->Addresses Overview

• Hi all,

I would like to know how I can have the state (Florida, California, etc.) of the customers addresses show in the customers->addresses overview page, so I can filter on state.

Anyone have an idea?

• Well that’s interesting, especially if we wanted to contact regional people say for a craft show or event!

• The fields list is in controllers/admin/AdminAddressesController.php

$this->fields_list = array(
            'id_address' => array('title' => $this->l('ID'), 'align' => 'center', 'class' => 'fixed-width-xs'),
            'firstname' => array('title' => $this->l('First Name'), 'filter_key' => 'a!firstname'),
            'lastname' => array('title' => $this->l('Last Name'), 'filter_key' => 'a!lastname'),
            'address1' => array('title' => $this->l('Address')),
            'postcode' => array('title' => $this->l('Zip/Postal Code'), 'align' => 'right'),
            'city' => array('title' => $this->l('City')),
            'country' => array('title' => $this->l('Country'), 'type' => 'select', 'list' => $this->countries_array, 'filter_key' => 'cl!id_country'));

You can modify it to include the state, I guess.

• yeah, I figured that one, thank you, is there anyplace else I need to edit?

• I see that’s the only file I need to modify, however I need to change the states id into it’s name… Any thoughts on how I do that?

• I think I need to do something like this, like they did for the country, except for a state, to pullout the states name via it’s id…

$this->_select = 'cl.`name` as country';
            $this->_join = '
    			LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'country_lang` cl ON (cl.`id_country` = a.`id_country` AND cl.`id_lang` = '.(int) $this->context->language->id.')
    			LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'customer` c ON a.id_customer = c.id_customer
    		';
            $this->_where = 'AND a.id_customer != 0 '.Shop::addSqlRestriction(Shop::SHARE_CUSTOMER, 'c');
            $this->_use_found_rows = false;

any thoughts?

• I have never done an SQL join using prestashop helpers, but it might work like this:

$this->_select = 'st.`name` as state';
        $this->_join = '
    		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'state` st ON (st.`id_state` = a.`id_state`)
    	';
        $this->_where = 'AND a.id_customer != 0 '.Shop::addSqlRestriction(Shop::SHARE_CUSTOMER, 'c');

• I tried this, and it didnt work, it broke the country…

$this->_select = 'cl.`name` as country';
            $this->_join = '
    			LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'country_lang` cl ON (cl.`id_country` = a.`id_country` AND cl.`id_lang` = '.(int) $this->context->language->id.')
    		';

$this->_select = 'st.`name` as state';
            $this->_join = '
    	    ';

• Ohh that’s tricky, but I recently learnt a quick way to add it via a module. Let me just make one real quick.

• This module will make sure you can see states on the address list: https://github.com/thirtybees/addressliststates/releases/latest

• That’s really cool, @MDekker.

BTW, I loved the icon, lol.

• Thanx for that, it works like a champ! 👍 I would rather do it with an override however, that way I can change the order of things as well…

• I got the override working… Thanx for the module tho! You da man

• @SLiCK_303 , can you post the override instructions in case that any other user needs the same functionality?

• I’m not a coder, so I don’t know if the way I did it was the correct way, but sure…

Copy the file, /controllers/admin/AdminAddressesController.php, to /override/controllers/admin/
    How edit that file, replace lines 75-98 with the following code…

$countries = Country::getCountries($this->context->language->id);
            foreach ($countries as $country) {
                $this->countries_array[$country['id_country']] = $country['name'];
            }

$states = State::getStates($this->context->language->id);
            foreach ($states as $state) {
                $this->states_array[$state['id_state']] = $state['name'];
            }

$this->fields_list = [
                'id_address' => ['title' => $this->l('ID'), 'align' => 'center', 'class' => 'fixed-width-xs'],
                'firstname'  => ['title' => $this->l('First Name'), 'filter_key' => 'a!firstname'],
                'lastname'   => ['title' => $this->l('Last Name'), 'filter_key' => 'a!lastname'],
                'address1'   => ['title' => $this->l('Address')],
                'city'       => ['title' => $this->l('City')],
                'state'      => ['title' => $this->l('State'), 'filter_key' => 'st!name'],
                'postcode'   => ['title' => $this->l('Zip/Postal Code'), 'align' => 'right'],
                'country'    => ['title' => $this->l('Country'), 'type' => 'select', 'list' => $this->countries_array, 'filter_key' => 'cl!id_country'],
            ];

parent::__construct();
            $this->_select = 'cl.`name` as country, st.`name` as state';
            $this->_join = '
    		';

Here is my override file in it’s entirety…
    0_1510089968403_AdminAddressesController.php

The way it is, I could setup the state as a dropdown list like country is, but I like it better typing something in.

• Now, if I could only figure out how to do the same at the bottom of the customers view. At the bottom of viewing a customer is a frame with all their addresses, I wanna find out how to add it there as well. Any ideas?

• I figured it out. I had to edit a core file… <admin>/themes/default/template/controllers/customers/helpers/view/view.tpl. Is there a way to make this an override, instead of editing a core file?

• try placing it in override/controller/admin/templates/customers/helpers/view/view.tpl

• you da man, that worked, thank you! Here’s my override, view.tpl file if anyone cares…
    0_1510153050686_view.tpl

• “Let me just make one real quick.” 🙂
    Envious of those skills @mdekker

@mdekker said in How To Add A State Column In The Customers->Addresses Overview:

Ohh that’s tricky, but I recently learnt a quick way to add it via a module. Let me just make one real quick.

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.