thirty bees forum

Transformer & Panda ST-Themes ThemeForest account on Envato has been Suspended :(

alwayspaws

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is, but there is one catch. Unlike in Europe when you win a lawsuit in America you do not get attorney's fees. So if they take 10k, and it costs you 15k in attorney's fees to get it back, you are 5k in the hole. This is part of why they do it.

I would argue that if the prohibited transaction was done via the Envato platform, it should be on Envato to not have either any developers or end-customers who are located in restricted countries. Any user of the platform should trust in Envato doing their duty and that all users are vetted and can transact with each other.

@lesley said in Transformer & Panda ST-Themes ThemeForest account on Envato has been Suspended :(:

Did you know the police here can take your money without filing any kind of charges on you?

Russians and Americans are like twins in this. I'm absolutely not wondered - same things happen here. So, seems like commies were right when gave the definition of a state: "The state is a machine for oppressing one class by another, a machine to keep in obedience to one class other subordinate classes"

@marci123 As far as i understood after reading your link, this is exactly Envato's failure, not author's, so they should punish themselves only and not try to transfer the responsibility on the innocent author (because he does not sold anything himself , technically all sales are made by Envato, author just get the % of sales).

Also, according the mentioned regulations, it is very important question - whether ecommerce theme is controlled under the EAR. This is neither a "dual use" product (ie as civilian and military), nor cryptographic one.

IMHO, the explanation of situation most close to reality is unfair competition from other competitors side.

@daokakao said in Transformer & Panda ST-Themes ThemeForest account on Envato has been Suspended :(:

@marci123 As far as i understood after reading your link, this is exactly Envato's failure, not author's, so they should punish themselves only and not try to transfer the responsibility on the innocent author (because he does not sold anything himself , technically all sales are made by Envato, author just get the % of sales).

I don't know the details but according to the post by Johnny it was not a sale that created the problem but some kind of support or co-operation with an agency in the forbidden country. So johnny most likely has broken the rule but he was not aware of this restriction. I think there should be the option to give him a second chance after he was being informed of the restrictions.

I just got a reply from themeforest that they won't reinstate the seller account

Quote:

I've reviewed this case and can confirm that the following authors account will not be reinstated since we have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to breaches of international sanctions: https://themeforest.net/user/tantan199

@daokakao said in Transformer & Panda ST-Themes ThemeForest account on Envato has been Suspended :(:

@marci123 Now all this restrictions move to complete stupidities: soon someone will decide to prohibit to breath the same air with ppl from the prohibited countries, or something else in that manner.

Sanctions are put in place to put economic pressure on countries that are not cooperating with the international community. When it gets to the stage of implementing sanctions it means all other forms of diplomacy have failed. If the sanctions also fail (and they will fail if not enforced) then the next step is often going to war. I'd sooner avoid more wars, and I suspect most people feel the same.

@dynambee said in Transformer & Panda ST-Themes ThemeForest account on Envato has been Suspended :(:

Sanctions are put in place to put economic pressure on countries that are not cooperating with the international community

Cool story, so hard to believe. When you'll take away the pink glasses, you'll see this is nothing but unfair play. Of course, humble website theme developer is extremely malific sanctions violator. It is virtually impossible to count his damage to international community.

Fat cats however just laughing on such 'Sanctus simplicitas' and spit on sanctions. If you understand what i mean.

Just so you know, what envato is going to say is you can go F your self, they dont do refunds

But then again how can envato prove that he was in contact with any one that he should not be ? and did he even know thos he talked to where sanctioned, it's a double edged sword.

If in case they contactet him via Envato's site there restrictions and geo block is messed up, and then he can't be blamed, but i wonder how they know this info.

@dynambee said in Transformer & Panda ST-Themes ThemeForest account on Envato has been Suspended :(:

You're welcome to believe whatever you want about sanctions but there is no way to avoid that the next step after failed sanctions is usually going to war.

I've seen enough war, thanks.

Yes sanctions can be a useful tool. However, I think it should only concern the 'big industries'. People like you and me should be able to communicate with developers from those countries and exchange experiences. Being peaceful and friendly between 'normal' humans prevents wars too.