thirty bees forum

New General Data Protection Regulation 2018-05-25

zimmer-media

@Manisch / @nickon - what is the percentage of customers who subscribe to newsletter / optin? I don't think it will be substantial.

Does it make sense to somehow nudge customers to give consent specifically to send review request? I was thinking about some popup window that would appear after the customer completed the order (and only if he didn't opt-in for newsletter already). Here we could explain the benefits of providing review, ie say that he will receive discount coupon, and ask for the consent for sending review request by email. All without disrupting order process

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Data Protection Regulation- GDPR is basically for offering better data security and safety to the online customers. Now it is mandatory for all the online business owners to comply with this GDPR for sake of data protection. GDPR is a new data protection method which gives full control to the customers over their personal details. GDPR allows the customers to:

1.The right to be informed 2.The right of access 3.The right to rectification 4.The right to erasure 5.The right to restrict processing 6.The right to data portability 7.The right to object 8.Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.

GDPR compliance is compulsory for the e-merchants. There are several ways by which the eCommerce store admin can easily comply with the GDPR. If you are a Prestashop store owner and want to meet all the GDPR requirements, then you can go for this Prestashop addon:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/legal/32019-knowband-gdpr-rights-of-individuals.html

By using this addon you can display an interface on the website for allowing the customers to access their GDPR rights easily.

• 1 month later...

@toplakd where your confidence comes from? Do you know something that the rest of community doesn't? It would be nice to share your observations concerning the current state of the module, since there is no one else related to it, who wants to share any news...

I'm saying that from May 23rd. ? And eventualy one day it will be the day before relase.

So we all keep waiting for that day to see how will module look like. I only need automatic export of customer data, but i can do that manualy if someone decides for it.

• 3 months later...