thirty bees forum

I'm going to create a free module

datakick

@datakick Awesome! It looks really nice already. I'm definitely going to ditch my review module and move to yours.

What are the things you'd like us to test specifically? I ask so we don't tell you stuff you know is not yet ready.

I noticed that on settings page the Cancel button is hidden. I also can't see where to save changes in the settings.

0_1516129472055_Capture.JPG

@30knees thanks, these kind of things is exactly what I wanted to hear. I develop on mac with large screen resolution, so I tend to overlook issues like this.

@mockob sure thing, rich snippets will be there. I plan to integrate with tb native json+ld module,. I'll also add an option to emit snippet even if json-ld module is not installed for some reason.

@chandra I've already added support for multiple criteria, as discussed above. As for the email follow up - email will contain url to dedicated landing page that will list all recently purchased products with option to write reviews for any of them. Shouldn't be hard, if I manage the auth process correctly :)

@briljander said in I'm going to create a free module:

is it possible to just click send without having to add any text?

there's an option allow reviews without details - review name / title is still required, though. There is no option to allow only ratings without a title.

Also, by default you can't create review when no review criteria matches the product. This can happen only when you have NO global criterion.

For example, let's suppose you have only one criterion Taste that applies to products in Cakes category only. You couldn't create review for products in different category, say for a shirt, unless you enable Allow reviews for products without review criteria option. In that case you will be able to create a review. But you can't give a ratings, since you can rate only criteria. It will be only text review without stars.

@wakabayashi said in I'm going to create a free module:

@datakick

• when I click save on settings I get: Failed to update settings
  • when I reload it says: failed to load data.

But in fact I believe it works. I use mulitstore and TB 1.0.3

That's weird. Do you have debug mode enabled, by any chance? There may be some php warning/debug/info message emitted into json response, and thus making it not parsable on javascript side. Could you look into network tab in console, and see what is returned by server during ajax call?

Hi just a question, Will it be possible to upload the existing reviews? For example i now use a module from another developer which has already multiple reviews which i can download in a csv or excel file. Will there also be a possibility for shopreviews with a seperate page for this kind of reviews( maybe as a premium feature)

What i dont see, or i look over it, is the possibility to approve a review after you have chosen to first approve reviews.

@baarssen said in I'm going to create a free module:

Will it be possible to upload the existing reviews?

I'll probably won't have enough time to implement import into this module. (maybe in the far future)

There will, however, be an integration with my datakick module that can be used to import data - at the moment only xml, but I'll add support for csv soon. My module is paid, but there's a 14-day trial period. So you can install it, import your data and then get rid of it. I would obviously be more happy if you keep it :)

What i dont see, or i look over it, is the possibility to approve a review after you have chosen to first approve reviews.

This part still work in progress. Approving, and replying to reviews will be released soon. Then I'll work on email automation.

Here's another version of review module that fixes some bugs, and adds moderation capabilities.

Now I'll add ability to create new reviews and edit existing one, and also an option to reply to review. I think that will be all in this review management section. Or did I forget about something?

0_1516268368784_revws-moderation.png

@datakick said in I'm going to create a free module:

@datakick

• when I click save on settings I get: Failed to update settings
  • when I reload it says: failed to load data.

But in fact I believe it works. I use mulitstore and TB 1.0.3

That's weird. Do you have debug mode enabled, by any chance? There may be some php warning/debug/info message emitted into json response, and thus making it not parsable on javascript side. Could you look into network tab in console, and see what is returned by server during ajax call?

@datakick after deactivating debug mode, it works fine ;)

@datakick after deactivating debug mode, it works fine

I have debug mode enabled as well and have no issues. What php version are you on? Could you please turn it back on, and look what's inside ajax response? I'm just curious if it's something from my module, or if the source of this problem is somewhere else.

<br /> <b>Notice</b>: ob_end_clean(): failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete in <b>/var/www/vhosts/spielezar.ch/genzo.ch/modules/revws/controllers/admin/AdminRevwsBackendController.php</b> on line <b>94</b><br /> {"success":true,"result":{"products":{"1712":"1,2,3... ganz viele!","1001":"101 here it goes and on with products..."}}}

@datakick Man you are great! I tested it for some minutes. Editing and commenting worked well for me. Also I used a criteria for just one category, it worked correctly! Love it. I think, mainly the email notification is now missing. :sunglasses:

Btw I see, that reviews are shared between shops. I don't know, if it's by chance or if you thought about it. It's very good like that. Please don't change it :D

@datakick Man you are great! I tested it for some minutes. Editing and commenting worked well for me. Also I used a criteria for just one category, it worked correctly! Love it. I think, mainly the email notification is now missing. :sunglasses:

thanks for testing, I'm glad it works for you. There's still plenty of work to do still - right now I'm finishing email notifications, both for admin and for reviewers.

Then I'll work on sending (automatic?) review requests to customers who recently purchased some products. I'm still thinking about how to add some incentives to this process, but that's probably out of scope of this module. Maybe my next free module could be some generic rewards module, that could do this task.

Btw I see, that reviews are shared between shops. I don't know, if it's by chance or if you thought about it. It's very good like that. Please don't change it :D

Oh, that's nice to know :) I didn't really tested it in multistore context. But it makes sense that it works like this, for shared products.

@datakick It looks great!

Some observations:

• The store's reply to a review could be prefaced with something like "store name:", to make it even clearer that the store replied.
  • When I unclick allow anonymous reviews and submit a review as a guest without being logged in, I get the message "Failed to create a review" but I'm not told why. A message> "Please log in to review" would be nice.
  • On products with attributes/combinations it would be nice if the module asked which attribute/combination the review should apply to and that it would show which attribute/combination the review belongs to.
  • "Be the first to write review!" is only at the top, but not at the review tab itself. I think having a link there would also be good.
  • Reviews of a customer could show up on their account page...and maybe even better, an overview of all products bought and not reviewed?
  • Clicking on "Read reviews" jumps a bit too far down for me and the review is hidden. The sticky menu with the categories, etc covers it.

Looking forward to testing the next versions!