thirty bees forum

I'm going to create a free module

datakick

@mockob said in I'm going to create a free module:

Hi, I just visited the demo site. On home page the new arrivals, there are two items with reviews. One of them has 1 review and when you enter the product page there are more than 1 review. The other product doesn't show any reviews but when you enter it there are 4 of them. Is it normal behavior?

well, it's actually a caching bug. I'll have it fixed in next version, thanks for reporting it.

@mockob said in I'm going to create a free module:

And is it possible to exclude the email from the fields to fill when leaving a review?

Nope, that's not supported. Logged-in customers doesn't have to enter their email, though. So it's probably not a big issue, especially for sites that won't allow guest reviews.

@briljander said in I'm going to create a free module:

I tried to add review in front office of demoshop from my Android mobile. Works good except that the stars are to wide for my 5,5" screen and that the stars doesn't change to yellow when clicking, only afterwards where the review is sent they are yellow.

The stars size is already fixed in upcoming version. I'll have a look at the touch support

When I'm looking at the products in the new arrival carousel, something makes me to click the review counter to read all the reviews but it is not a link, just counter. Is it possible the counter to link to the review page? Why me as a guest am able to report abuse? And why the reported reviews are removed from the reviews section? I think it is better to be removed after administrator approval of the reported review. Otherwise every guest could report all the reviews from every product which will screw my google review snippets results.

@mockob:

Is it possible the counter to link to the review page?

sure, why not

Why me as a guest am able to report abuse? And why the reported reviews are removed from the reviews section? I think it is better to be removed after administrator approval of the reported review.

You can actually set up what to do when someone reports review. Default settings is that the review gets switched to unapproved state, and admin has to approve it again to show it. You can disable this behavior.

But we still need some overview of reported reviews in back office, though.

@wakabayashi @vincentdenkspel

It dosen’t occur here. But I wonder, if there is any functionality behind. Thumbs go away, but I dont see any stats or something…

You are right, this functionality is not finished yet. At the moment it just collects the stats, and you can use it to sort reviews. In the future I plan to show something like 2 people found this review helpful in review details, and also some stats in admin. Not a top priority now, though :)

Thank you guys for spending your time testing this. I really appreciate all inputs!

@wakabayashi yeah, there are so many tasks :) I'm actually running out of time I've reserver for this, so I'm focusing on remaining 2 big features - review request by email, and some integration with rewards/loyalty points module, so you guys could give your vouchers away :)

I plan to develop this module further, though, just on much slower pace.

Hi @datakick.

First I want to thank you this module. My feedback of this module is (as I am already using something similar) Is that a user (our users anyway) did not leave comments unless we remind them with email. The best way for this to work is to set a rule in the backoffice that executes the send email function after xx hours when the delivery status "xxxxx" eg "Delivered" . It would be nice if a second (or third) email reminder was send after the first email with rule "Send second email after xx hours is no review was made" and "send third email after xx hours of the second email if no review was made"

As a sidenote I didn't know your product and was very sad when I found out that I just paid a developer to customize a xml import and skroutz xml Next time I need an import module I will try it and hopefully buy it. Keep up the great work

Kind Regards

@datakick @nickon Yeah, if you want reviews, you have to ask them by email. There is no doubt about it. But as a merchants you also have to be careful, that you don't upset your own customers. I for myself would never send more than one email per order, where I ask for a review.

I even wondered, if we should give a customer the option, to disable this kind of email notification? I have no idea, if there is any time left for this option. But my experience with newsletters tell me, that it could be an important function...

@wakabayashi me, I am sending this email ones but I have notest that the 3 biggest retail stores send 2 emails. I was looking at those emails now and I notest that these are send through revoo and the second email had a note at the end stating " We will never send ask you to review this product again" and it also had the option to not recieve emails in the future regarding this

@nickon I'm actually working on this feature, it will be released soon. It will be a standalone module though, one that you will have to install alongside revws module.

The ultimate goal of this new module is to let you set up various email automation flows, such as review requests or abandoned cart reminder. But that's in the far future - at the beginning only review requests will be supported.

I agree with @wakabayashi that the emails should have opt-out / unsubscribe functionality, and they will have. Customers will be able to opt-out from the whole functionality (no more review requests).

There will also be an option for merchants to decide whether to send review requests for products we have already sent request for in the past. And also some other options, such as how many review request can be sent concurrently (default only one active request per customer), etc...

These kind of settings, unsubscribe functionality, and tracking email opens/clicks will be shared with other flow types, that's one of the reason I wanted to separate this functionality from the review module

New version is available - this one fixes bugs you guys reported, and also adds integration with email automation module and my very own import/export module. You can test it on my demo account.

Note that I'll release email automation module sometimes next week if I have enough time finish the UI.

Datakick list

1_1517400224986_datakick-1.png

Datakick export reviews to xml

0_1517400224986_datakick-2.png

@mockob I've just re-tested it and I thing that caching bug was fixed.

There is one thing that may have confused you - when you create a review, it's not approved by default. Until it's approved, you are the only one who can see it in the list (so you can edit/delete it). But it's not actually counted in total reviews you see on product/product listing. As shown on this image:

0_1517428109567_rev.png