I'm going to create a free module

• Hi guys,

it’s the end of year and I’ve decided to contribute a little bit more to the opensource community. So I will start next year by creating a free thirtybee module.

Of course, I would like to create something that people actually use. In order to do so, I need your help to decide what module to develop - just go this poll and either vote for existing idea, or suggest your own.

I will start working on the winning idea at the start of the year. I plan to spend ~14 days developing the module. That’s plenty of time to create something cool. And hopefully useful. The question is - what?

Petr

• Great idea, thanks for your time in advance.

• @slick_303 said in I'm going to create a free module:

Great idea, thanks for your time in advance.

Thanks, but the idea wasn’t mine - I’ve shamelessly repurposed thirtybee’s crowdsourcing idea 🙂

• @datakick very nice idea! what is meant with “Points for Reviews module”?

• @wakabayashi that’s actually someone else’s suggestion. I guess it means product review module + some mechanism to ask customers for review in exchange for store credit / voucher - either as part of checkout process, or via email or in customer’s section.

• @datakick oh cool.

Sorry it’s a bit offtopic: My view on points is a bit different. I think it’s better to have a module “customer points”. This modules handles the points. There you can define, what users get for the points and so on. This module would offer an action hook, which can be used from other modules. Like a review module. But could also be an Image Upload module or a testimonial module. You see my point?

Back to your offer. I would appreciate a nice product review module as well 😉

• @wakabayashi that does makes sense.

Well, at the moment I’m just collecting ideas and votes. Once the winner is decided, I’ll brainstorm the idea with the community, and I’m sure collectively we will agree on the module scope, functionality etc.

• Wow, thanks in advance! I wish there were more ppl like you 😉
    I just voted but I’m curious if it is possible someone to develop a module which forces customers to choose attributes when clicking add to cart button. It is many times discussed in ps forums and I know there is feature request here also with many votes, but not approved last I visited the feature request section.

• @datakick Thanks for the offer. This was also not clear to me. for a review module, i think the specs as discussed in one of the crowdfunding modules posts can be a good starting point

• If it is going to be a review module, someone gave a request the other day that I thought was good. The ability to import a csv of reviews.

• @wakabayashi said in I'm going to create a free module:

@datakick very nice idea! what is meant with “Points for Reviews module”?

Get points for doing a review. Like maybe X points per Y chars. Or maybe just a flat X points per review, I dunno. By ‘points’ I mean the same points one earns when they buy something, loyalty points. They can then be turned into a voucher…

• @SLiCK_303 Please check out my post above. I really believe, we should distinguish between “Review Module” and a “Reward Module”.

• Maybe it is a good idea to add ‘review module’ and ‘reward module’ instead of ‘points of review module’

• I don’t care how it gets done, I just wanna be able to offer loyalty points for a review. 🙂 The stock review module is fine with me… Just let me offer points for a review and I’ll be a happy camper. I think this will help a lot of sites to get more reviews, however it’s accoplished.

• @vincentdenkspel said in I'm going to create a free module:

Maybe it is a good idea to add ‘review module’ and ‘reward module’ instead of ‘points of review module’

all right, I’ll split this to two ideas

• I dont understand the Reward Module. Do you somehow tie into other modules to offer loyalty points for different events, like when a customer posts a review?

• The idea is to have a flexible system, which can reward different events. You ask for the event “review”. Other merchants want to give points for a “newsletter signup”. That’s why the points feature, shouldn’t be integrated in the review module. It needs to me a standalone module, which offers a hook, that can be used by other module devs. I hope that is technically possible!?

• Sounds like a good idea. I find it hard to believe that its possible to do, but if it is, lets do that! Great idea!

• @wakabayashi said in I'm going to create a free module:

I hope that is technically possible!?

yes, this can be easily done. The bigger problem would be to make the owners of these third-party modules to support our module.

• Theres no way to search for an event? Like when someone submits to a form, like the review form?

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.