Accounting for packaging weight

• Hi,

I have been building a shop with Thirty Bees. I love it and have most of it configured including:

• Weighing and measuring the products

• Configuring the shipping weights for the carrier

• Adding the tax and configuring the gateway

However, I realised that there is nowhere to add the weight of the packaging. How do people usually do it? I thought I could add a bit to each product but that concerns me as I will have quite a few to change if it goes wrong. I also thought about understating the ranges for the carrier. Is there another way such as modifying the code so it adds a certain percentage to the total?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• On the flat rate built in carriers there is no way to do it. Most people just leave it off or adjust their carrier pricing for it.

• @lukewood

In a shop where I need this feature, I have reduced the shipping weight in the areas. Instead of eg 2 kg only 1.8 kg. Instead of eg 5 kg only 4.5 kg etc. But that is not a perfect solution either.

• 0_1515174888015_1dba4247-d3a9-4db0-ba1e-5c10b660e041-grafik.png

• Thanks very much to you both for responding. I will adjust the carrier weights as described.

Thanks again.

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.