thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

I was wondering if it would be possible to make rating the shipping as optional for customers. We have a brick and mortar store as well as an online store and people often come pick up their stuff in store and they are wondering what to do with the shipping rating.

@30knees said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

@datakick Thanks for the reply! That's what I also first thought, but I have as a delivery delay 4 days and orders that are 22 days old but still show the message that merchandise hasn't been delivered yet.

Please look into tb_orders table to see if this particular order has delivery_date field set. You can use datakick module as well (I believe that you have it):

0_1540270260116_9f72b10b-a6fe-41d5-8d24-52c867428dbf-image.png

Order's delivery date field is updated when your order goes through status that has Show delivery PDF (strange name, if you ask me)

0_1540270388721_a9c23424-976c-436c-a500-a66b962777e1-image.png

My guess is that your Shipped status does not mark order as delivered. You will either need to fix this status, or change your workflow to switch order status to some other Delivered status few days after shipment.

Or you can simply disable Delivery delay option in revws module by setting it to 0

@movieseals said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

I was wondering if it would be possible to make rating the shipping as optional for customers. We have a brick and mortar store as well as an online store and people often come pick up their stuff in store and they are wondering what to do with the shipping rating.

It should be possible to implement this, I've added it to my backlog

@datakick said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

My guess is that your Shipped status does not mark order as delivered. You will either need to fix this status, or change your workflow to switch order status to some other Delivered status few days after shipment.

I changed the status settings, but the old orders on the status don't update to reflect this. Is there a way to update them?

@30knees said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

I changed the status settings, but the old orders on the status don’t update to reflect this. Is there a way to update them?

You can - edit all those orders manually and re-set the status - mass update all those orders using datakick module, and set deliveryDate to some proper value (for example to order's last modified date) - or simply set Delivery delay in revws module to 0, and wait until all review request for those old orders are sent. Then set Delivery delay back to your desired value

Hi, Petr! Translating some strings to russian i've found a strange string:

We promise that we will [1]not disclose[/1] your email address to anyone or use it to [2]spam[/2] you. We will not send you automated [3]marketing[/3] emails unless you [4]opt-in[/4] for it.[5][/5]You can read our [6]privacy policy[6] here. Is this part correct: [5][/5]You can read our [6]privacy policy[6] here ?

Also i wrote earlier that not all string resources could be translated because are palced in the .js file. So the question is - do you plan to sort out this?

Thanks in advance!

@daokakao said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

Is this part correct: [5][/5]You can read our [6]privacy policy[6] here ?

yes, it is correct. It's a placeholder for inserting a line-break.

Also i wrote earlier that not all string resources could be translated because are palced in the .js file. So the question is - do you plan to sort out this?

sure, but it's really not a pressing matter. I didn't translate these strings originally because I didn't have mechanism to inject html element into translated string. I do now, so there's no reason not to do it (other than that it's extremely boring task)

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another version of this module is out.

From outsider perspective not much has changed - some ui was moved around, and few bugs were fixed. But under the hood there were many more changes related to review types. Basically, this version brings support to review different types of entities, not only products. I will use this as a foundation to implement store reviews in the future (although that's probably going to be premium feature)

I've just attached one small module named revwsrecent to the first post. This module works together with revws module and displays recent reviews on your home page (in tab). It's really very simple module without any configuration or whatnot, but I thought someone might find it useful. You can actually see this module at work on my demo server

@x97wehner that's actually much more complicated than I thought.

Review average is rendered using either displayRightColumnProduct or displayProductButton hooks -- what hook will be used can be selected in module settings page. It's possible to edit your product.tpl template and move one of these hooks to the appropriate place. For example, move this line.

The problem with this approach is that these hooks are shared -- many modules can, and usually do, use them to display additional information on product page. So, if you move placement of this hook within template, you will be moving content generated by other modules as well.

In other words - you can use this approach only if no other module is using this hook -- you can check in Modules > Positions. For example, in my case, if I move displayProductButtons hook it will affect Block Product Payment Logos module as well.

0_1543078808657_4b4fd20f-76fe-43d5-bf08-6e5b75843c81-image.png

0_1543079248014_9d30c7d5-bebe-4335-b0ca-1e69f0758db9-image.png

I will add a new dedicated hook to the module for this particular use case. That way, you will be able to call this hook anywhere in the product template, and it will not impact other modules.

@datakick said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

I will add a new dedicated hook to the module for this particular use case. That way, you will be able to call this hook anywhere in the product template, and it will not impact other modules.

wait! I didn't "mess" with templates so much but I always thought that was possible to add a hook from TB/PS backend, and then attach to it what module view you want... it has to be done the other way around instead?!

@foolab said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

wait! I didn’t “mess” with templates so much but I always thought that was possible to add a hook from TB/PS backend, and then attach to it what module view you want… it has to be done the other way around instead?!

Well, you can surely create a new hook, and transplant existing module's hook to that one.

But that won't help you in any way, because this new hook will not be triggered by your theme (unless you have one of those fancy themes that let you to choose what hooks to display where).

For normal themes (like community), you will need to edit template file, and call the new hook manually

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 4:00 PM, x97wehner said:

@datakick Yes, I had attempted this previously and encountered the same result. Please advise when the new dedicated hook is added and I will attempt to use. The rest of the module is spectacular.

btw, this option to adjust placement of review average was added to the module as well (both free and premium). I must say it looks much better when placed under the product name. See this example on beautiful niara theme

revws.png.9b46194ea8ab3e7836ffe67a771afd37.png

On 1/29/2019 at 8:47 AM, datakick said:

btw, this option to adjust placement of review average was added to the module as well (both free and premium). I must say it looks much better when placed under the product name. See this example on beautiful niara theme

revws.png.9b46194ea8ab3e7836ffe67a771afd37.png

Probably a dumb question, but where is the option to import reviews from the default product comments module? I can't find it anymore in the menus.