thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

What is the difference between deleting and rejecting a review? Both seem to do the same thing, delete it. And, am I missing something, or is there no true way to delete a review, seems like they are always in the database/BO. A purge of all deleted reviews, or a second delete that actually removes the review, might be a nice feature.

@slick_303 you are right, it's the same action from database perspective. Both actions will mark review as deleted. The difference is not what happened, but who has performed the action. When it's review author, the action is Delete review. When it's administrator, the action is Reject review. This distinction is important, so I know what emails to send.

Regarding real delete - I plan to implement filtering into backoffice review list. The list will, by default, hide all delete reviews. But it will still be possible to show them. So this will partly solve this nuisance. And after that, I'll maybe implement real delete function. But it has very low priority.

I've released a new version 1.0.12. This version

• http requests uses CSRF security token to protect against cross site request forgery attacks. It's a very important from security point of view, so revws module won't be abused for sending spam. CSRF is good enough protection against most of the dumb/blind bots. But I plan to implement captcha as well, so even more sophisticated bots won't have a chance
  • added option to check (automatically or manually) for new version of the module
  • added support page with links to this forum topic as an official discussion board (so hopefully that will bring in some prestashop users), and a few other links to modules that cooperate with revws - @SLiCK_303 's send review request, @wakabayashi krona module, and of course my very own datakick module.

• 2 weeks later...

Another minor release 1.0.13:

• ability to trigger review dialog using url parameter named postreview, ie: https://www.domain.com/en/home/my-awesome-product/?post_review. Same parameter is used by @SLiCK303 's send review request module. This change shouldn't affect integration with this module at all
  • added support to choose layout (left and right columns) for MyReviews section
  • check module version now display release notes

I've released new version 1.0.14 -- added support for Multiple languages. You can now choose to display only reviews written in visitor's language. This settings is recommended for any shop using multiple languages feature:

• it will reduce the noise on your product page, displaying only information relevant to each visitor
  • it will have SEO benefits - no duplicate content between different language versions

Of course, you can disable this feature and keep displaying all reviews regardless of language. This can be useful in case you haven't collected many reviews yet.

Multi lang is definitely a excellent feature. Thank you very much for the improvement.

One more thing, is it possible to have a feature where you can send store reviews to google through Google My Business API. This will help merchants store become more trustworthy with google reviews and not have to bother customers to do same thing twice.

While checking out competitor websites found that some of them had same reviews on both places on website and google review, which made me wonder how that happened. And ultimately on research found that they were using Yotpo to send review to both places.

Which made me think if this can be integrated in this module.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I've released new version 1.0.15 - this one brings in some GDPR nonsense.

You can newly choose to display consent checkbox on review submission form, if you think it's necessary. It's probably not, but better play it safe than be sorry.

It also integrates with official prestashop GDPR complience module. That's not probably very interesting for you thirtybeerers. But in case you are running ps17 somewhere, or if you have bought ps16 version, you can use it to export and delete user data.

0_1526059841260_gdpr.png

• 3 weeks later...

Another version is out

List widget redesign

In this version I've redesigned review list widget, so it can be used anywhere in your store. This is an important step towards another interesting features, such as review carousel or custom review lists

New displayRevwsReviewList hook

You can now use hook named displayRevwsReviewList anywhere in your smarty templates. This hook will render review list. By default, all reviews are displayed. You can customize it using following hook parameters:

• displayReply - display shop replies or not. Allowed values: true | false. Default true
  • displayCriteria - controls how to display criteria breakdown. Allowed values: inline | side | false. Default value is the one set up in your settings
  • reviewStyle - controls review style. Allowed values: item | item-with-product. Default value item
  • order - how to order reviews in list. Allowed values: date | usefulness | author | product | title | content | grade | id. Default is date
  • orderDir - order in descending or ascending - Allowed values: desc | asc. Default value desc
  • pageSize - how many reviews should be displayed on one page. Default 5 reviews
  • allowPaging - controls if paging is allowed or not. Default value true
  • product - display reviews for specific product only
  • customer - display reviews submitted by specific customer
  • guest - display reviews submitted by specific anonymous visitor
  • category - display reviews for products from with specific category
  • categoryTree - display reviews for products from with specific category and all its subcategories
  • manufacturer - display reviews for products from specific manufacturer

Example usage: to display 3 newest reviews on your homepage, simply enter this somewhere into your index.tpl file in your theme. You can see the result on my demo account - I've incorporated two review lists to my homepage. One displaying recent reviews, and another featuring best reviews.

{hook h='displayRevwsReviewList' allowPaging=false order='date' pageSize=3}

• 2 weeks later...

There's small issue i've found in the revws module. File: modules/revws/views/js/revws_bootstrap.js

Lines containing following code: $('a[href=#idTabRevws]'), generates error that selector "#idTabRevws" is undefined/not found, or something like this.

If i embrace this selector with double quotes then everything works ok: $('a[href="#idTabRevws"]') I have to note, that not all lines in the code are without double quotes. So, i think this was just a copy-paste mistake.

Also this issue could be found in some tpl files

Hi everyone, I've just released new version 1.0.17

Data backup

This new feature allows you to export all your data to XML format. Just in case you wanted to change the review module :)

In the upcoming version there will be an option to import data from this XML format. Meanwhile, you can use Datakick module for this.

Real delete and review filtering

As you may know, revws module didn't really delete reviews, it just marked them as deleted and archived them. Now you have an additional option to really delete these archived reviews.

I've also introduced filtering for backend review list, so you can choose what reviews should be visible. Archived items are hidden by default - you won't see those red lines anymore (unless you want to).

List of all reviews

There is a new page that lists all reviews located at reviews route. You can try it by navigating to https://www.yoursite.com/en/reviews or https://www.yoursite.com/reviews

I recommend you create some link to this new page, so google can find it and start indexing it!

Bugfixes

• revws did not worked correctly with layered navigation module (ps16/thirtybees)
  • clear cache after GDPR data deletion
  • invalid jquery selector in revws-bootstrap.js file
  • google rich snippets - always render aggregate ratings metadata, even when averages are not displayed on product page

Future

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I have decided to fork revws module and provide a paid version with additional functionality.

As a long-time unix user I believe in philosophy of having many simple tools, each one of them being great at one particular things. That's why I want to keep free version of this module pure - it will be just about reviews, like it is now. Nothing more. If you want to send review request, use dedicated module made for that. When you want to reward user for writing reviews, use krona module...

But there are many merchants that don't share this philosophy. They don't want (or maybe they are not tech savvy enough) to integrate multiple modules together to achieve expected functionality. For these merchants I'll prepare a paid version of revws module, with all the bells and whistles integrated. It won't be as powerful as cooperation of multiple modules, but it will be easy to use and setup.

Anybody got this working on warehouse theme? It seems the theme keeps the productcomments rating markup even with productcomments disabled. It ends up showing both star ratings on the page, and there is no option in theme options to disable it entirely. The revws module itself seems to work great, but I am wondering if anybody has a workaround for warehouse theme?

Perhaps this can help:

/* product comments hide */ .star_content { width: 65px; margin: 0 auto; padding-bottom: 4px; display: none !important; }

the last line is the important one. You could also deinstall the native module and thouroughly disable & clear cache

PS: A developer is needed to enhance the bo/performance page in Thirtybees. I would appreciate an additonal button to "disable all caches" and clear them.

@pedalman said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

Perhaps this can help:

/* product comments hide */ .star_content { width: 65px; margin: 0 auto; padding-bottom: 4px; display: none !important; }

the last line is the important one. You could also deinstall the native module and thouroughly disable & clear cache

PS: A developer is needed to enhance the bo/performance page in Thirtybees. I would appreciate an additonal button to "disable all caches" and clear them.

Hey Pedalman, thanks a lot for your response but that doesn't seem to do the trick for warehouse theme.

@daokakao said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

I saw a warehouse demo... For PS 1.6 & 30BZ it is less interesting being compared to transformer/panda

Hey, I agree entirely. However, I designed my website quite a long time ago, before transformer was even released. I think I'll wait to do a redesign until we figure out what is going to remain compatible long-term.

Hello Petr Thank you for this great module.

Point 1 I need your help for the new version. If I use the new option https://www.yoursite.com/en/reviews and then click on the product in the list, I get a 404 page. I have not yet tested in both shops, but I suspect it may be the same error (whether multilingual or not). The product link from the revws page example https://www.yoursite.com/en/product. The actual link is with me https://www.yoursite.com/en/category/product. After the click, the 404 page appears to me because the correct link to the product is not correct (category is missing in the link).

Point 2 If I did not find this option: Is it possible for a future version to create an option where all scores appear on average in a small div or something that can only be inserted on the homepage, for example.

@colorful-ant said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

Point 1 If I use the new option https://www.yoursite.com/en/reviews and then click on the product in the list, I get a 404 page. I have not yet tested in both shops, but I suspect it may be the same error (whether multilingual or not). The product link from the revws page example https://www.yoursite.com/en/product. The actual link is with me https://www.yoursite.com/en/category/product. After the click, the 404 page appears to me because the correct link to the product is not correct (category is missing in the link).

There must be something wrong with your core / routing settings. Revws module just calls standard $product->getLink() function, and renders the url that this function returns. I've tested this, and can confirm this works correctly on tb1.0.4 / ps1.6 / ps17.

How do you have your routes / seo set up?

Is it possible for a future version to create an option where all scores appear on average in a small div or something that can only be inserted on the homepage, for example.

I'm not sure if I follow. Could you elaborate - what is the use case?

@datakick - I think the settings are ok. htaccess is generated and no manual changes are made.

0_1529401505548_39e11fc3-f7f6-45ac-a63b-e27df764df31-image.png

0_1529401517410_2d8de188-de11-461e-9d68-8498703577c2-image.png

```

~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, thirty bees will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

.htaccess automatically generated by thirty bees e-commerce open-source solution

http://www.thirtybees.com - http://www.thirtybees.com/forums

SetEnv HTTPMODREWRITE On

RewriteEngine on

Domain: mydomain.de

RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/] RewriteRule ^api$ api/ [L]

RewriteRule ^api/(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

Images

RewriteRule ^([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$1$2$3.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$1$2$3.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(-[_a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[_a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[_a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[_a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.webp [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[_a-zA-Z0-9-])?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.webp [L] RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(-[.*a-zA-Z0-9-])(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2$3.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(-[.a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2$3.webp [L] RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2.jpg [L] RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z_-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2.webp [L]

AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox

RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+).(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]

Dispatcher

RewriteCond %{REQUESTFILENAME} -s [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUESTFILENAME} -l [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L] RewriteRule ^.*$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}index.php [NC,L]

AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject .eot AddType font/ttf .ttf AddType font/otf .otf AddType application/font-woff .woff AddType application/font-woff2 .woff2 Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

ExpiresActive On ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month" ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month" ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month" ExpiresByType image/webp "access plus 1 month" ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week" ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week" ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week" ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week" ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType image/vnd.microsoft.icon "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType application/font-woff "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType application/x-font-woff "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType font/woff2 "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType font/opentype "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType font/ttf "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType font/otf "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf "access plus 1 year" ExpiresByType application/x-font-otf "access plus 1 year"

Header unset Etag FileETag none AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/css text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript font/ttf application/x-font-ttf font/otf application/x-font-otf font/opentype

If rewrite mod isn't enabled

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?controller=404

~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, thirty bees will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

Redirect

```