thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

1 hour ago, x97wehner said:

Sorry for the chunk of questions. I don't see an option to place the average below the product name. Is this a setting in the updated module I'm missing?

You need to switch Display review average in to Custom placement, and then edit your product.tpl template and add hook to appropriate place

custplacement.png.04353fab3c2cfba0d5d797a3933063e3.png

1 minute ago, datakick said:

You need to switch Display review average in to Custom placement, and then edit your product.tpl template and add hook to appropriate place

custplacement.png.04353fab3c2cfba0d5d797a3933063e3.png

I don't have that option. I just downloaded it from your site this morning. See photo below.

image.png.709d3e855fb52c8b602da8729af2ae0c.png

And I see you've also added the functionality that customers don't have to manually log in to submit a review when clicking on a review request email. Nice! 

I've noticed that customers click on the link but don't actually submit a review. I think it's because they don't want to write actual text. Would it be feasible and a good idea to already capture the star rating and save that as a review/rating in case they jump off when they click on the stars and are then taken to the text part of the review? Even though I let customers rate without submitting text, they still have to enter the title and click submit review.

Edited by 30knees

22 hours ago, datakick said:

Oh, you are right. This commit is not in release 1.0.22. It will be in the next version. Sorry for the confusion.

I have some work in progress, so I don't want to release it yet. But you can use this pre-release revision:

revws-1_0_23-pre.zip

Appreciate the effort, but your pre-release doesn't seem to have it available either.

3 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

Appreciate the effort, but your pre-release doesn't seem to have it available either.

Have you cleared caches? (server, browser, cloudflare,...)? It's a change in js file and it can be cached anywhere... But it's definitely there

• 2 weeks later...

Another free version 1.0.23 released

Enhancements

• Issue 86 - custom placement for review average - you can now position stars/ratings widget anywhere on your product page. For example prominently below product title
  • Issue 97 - added shortcuts from settings page to reviews, import, criteria pages
  • Issue 100 - added configuration option for number of reviews to be displayed on all-reviews / my-reviews page
  • Issue 48 - you can now edit review date from back office
  • Issue 47 - review lists can now be filtered by category and brand.

Bugfixes

• Issue 90 - fix pagination problem that occured on some versions of MariaDB without proper support for SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS
  • Issue 96 - fixed overflow problems with long review content
  • Issue 20 - read review link now works in quick view
  • Issue 99 - don't filter reviews on my-reviews page by selected language

Tip and tricks

Try adding this short snippet somewhere into your smarty template. It will display product reviews associated with category 4

{hook h='displayRevwsReviewList' category=4 }

• Like 5

8 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Great! I should finally update 😄 I am still on 1.0.19... 

I read above that it's possible to send review links, which work without login in. Is this true? If yes, what kind of format does the link need to have?

The auto-login functionality exists only in premium version, and it's tied up to email record. Every sent review request email is tracked in database, and it includes private security key needed to perform the auto login.

5 hours ago, colorful-ant said:

The aspect ratio of the image in the Review list is more square than the original image

I've tested on my environment, and image aspect ratio is maintained correctly. I've tested with image sizes 150x300 and 300x150, and in both scenarios the result was ok. It's possible that you have modified/outdated revws css, or that some other css is applied to review list as well.

13 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

I read above that it's possible to send review links, which work without login in. Is this true?

I can highly recommend the premium version. We've noticed how many more people are now leaving a review thanks to the auto-login functionality. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

@datakick and @30knees I will definitely buy it. 

Right now I use an internal module for sending emails. That way I can have a the same look for all emails going out. Does the module use the normal Mail::Send method in TB? 

It does

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, movieseals said:

Hi @datakick!

The tab  showing the reviews seems to have stopped working for me (see example: https://www.librairiezbookstore.com/en/american/dc-tpb/batman-white-knight-tp)

Clicking on the link does not bring the review.  I know there is one for that particular product.  Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure this product has associated review? Because it seems to be working correctly -- when I go to any product from all-reviews page: https://www.librairiezbookstore.com/en/reviews?module=revws

Also, revws module can be set up to filter by current language. For the product above, there exists one review in French. When you see product in English, no review is shown. You can disable this in module settings page, and then reviews from all languages will be displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with the Pro version, too. It says that I have: You have latest version 2.0.4 of this module. Last check a few seconds ago

I am asking wheather this is the really the latest Pro version since I have not found any auto 'login' options for customers to leave a review when they respond to the auto sent email.

And moreover, I must say that I have a respond quoute from less than a 1% 😞 😞 😞

Not that my products are so bad but due to GDPR I thought that we we need a strikt consent option:

Automation consent

Consent type

"Explicit consent is required"

I do not know if we are allowed to use a less strikt consent policy on email reviews but at the moment really no one leaves a review 😞

1 hour ago, Pedalman said:

I do not know if we are allowed to use a less strikt consent policy on email reviews but at the moment really no one leaves a review 😞

I use the opt-out version. Quite a few people opt-out, but some don't and some of them leave reviews. 🙂

On 3/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, Pedalman said:

I am with the Pro version, too. It says that I have: You have latest version 2.0.4 of this module. Last check a few seconds ago

I am asking wheather this is the really the latest Pro version since I have not found any auto 'login' options for customers to leave a review when they respond to the auto sent email.

Yes, 2.0.4 is the latest version. There is no auto-login setup, it just works. Every email send to customer is logged in the table with a special security code associated. Link to review contains this security code, and it is used to authenticate customer automatically.  

And moreover, I must say that I have a respond quoute from less than a 1% 😞 😞 😞

Not that my products are so bad but due to GDPR I thought that we we need a strikt consent option:

Well, the more strict consent level you choose, the fewer email requests will be send. This is really up to you to decide what's correct for you and your country.

For example, in my country (Czech Republic), no consent is required at all. Our state agency issued an official statement in which they confirmed that merchants have legitimate interest in collecting responses in order to maintain high quality service, and as such no opt-in is required. Merchants must, however, inform about these emails in their TOS and privacy policies, and offer opt-out. This basically means that review requests emails are on the same level as normal transactional emails associated with order.

It's possible that in your country state regulator has different opinion about this. But you can always modify the email template and *mask* it as normal transactional email. Something like this:

"We are sending you this email to let you know that your order at OurStore has been completed, and no further actions are necessery. You can download your invoice here and there... Also, please review your product here :)"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, One Stop said:

I recently installed this module and imported 549 reviews from Product comments but I cannot get any reviews to appear on product pages

Are you using standard template? Some themes does not implement all hooks on product page.