thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

@datakick I see the folder /themes/default-bootstrap/cache filled with 1300+ css files named revws-.css and v_431_.css All these seem to be coming from the revws module - can you please check it out?

Thanks.

Edit: several files of both types are getting created each second!

@chandra sorry about that, I forgot to remove code that forces new css regeneration. Please edit file revws.php and delete line #464:

$data .= time();

You can safely delete all revws-**.css files from cache directory. The easiest way is to clear cache from Advanced Parameters > Performance

@datakick said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews:

@chandra sorry about that, I forgot to remove code that forces new css regeneration. Please edit file revws.php and delete line #464: $data .= time();

You can safely delete all revws-**.css files from cache directory. The easiest way is to clear cache from Advanced Parameters > Performance

and @Chandra thanks

I've just released new version 1.0.9 which includes couple of bugfixes, and 2 new features:

Verified purchase - review has new boolean field named verified_buyer. This will be set to true if customer really purchased product associated with review. This is determined at the time of review submission - there must exists already shipped order. This means that reviews submitted before product purchase will not be marked as verified. Administrator can check/uncheck this field from back-office. Verified purchases are highlighted in review list.

0_1522044053406_c3db8e49-3c12-4578-946a-523af7ac36ff-image.png

Criteria breakdown - If you use multiple review criteria, you can now show them on review list. You can choose on of the 3 ways to display criteria breakdown.

1. Don't show criteria breakdown at all -- this is current behavior, only average ratings is shown 0_1522044204510_d377f500-403b-4ec8-ab70-91fe3ff747b7-image.png
  2. Show criteria on top, in single line separated by divider 0_1522044257063_4061c170-cd0e-4abe-b27b-75000d741c36-image.png
  3. Show criteria on right side 0_1522044300596_d7bc636b-e01a-41cb-a3b1-aa3694168bd1-image.png

It also seems to me, that module has a problem to understand if categories or product were related to a criteria. It always showed correctly something like "73 categories". No there is suddenly something like "Applies to no product". I checked the database. The category relations are still there...

New version 1.0.10 has just been released. This one fixes some css caching bugs and introduces new hook called displayRevwsReview

You can call this hook anywhere in your theme to show specific review. As an example I'll show you how to add featured review to your homepage:

0_1522820846462_2f309e48-e5ea-4fab-947c-d2a5b405f84e-image.png

edit file /themes/yourtheme/index.tpl and add something like this

``` ...

... ```

You can customize the review layout a bit by passing these parameters - review - id of a review to display. This is required parameter - displayCriteria - how to render criteria breakdown. Expects one of inline | side | false values. Default value is the one set up in your settings. This is optional parameter. - displayReply - if we should render shop reply (if exists). Expects either true or false. Default value is true. Optional parameter

example:

{hook h='displayRevwsReview' review=2 displayCriteria='inline' displayReply=false}