thirty bees forum

Free Module: Loyalty Points [genzo_krona]

wakabayashi

Update: v.2.0.0 was released on 28.10.2019 -> https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_krona/releases

With this new version the community supports ends as well: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1505-1505/free-module-loyalty-points-genzo_krona/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-31811

Update: The module was released on 22.03.2018. You find it in the official store: https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/front-office/genzo-krona

As some of you guys may have seen in another thread: I am going to create a free loyalty points module. Since I am a merchant, I will mainly focus on our own needs, but inputs are welcome.

What I plan:

• Points for core actions (account creation, order, newsletter subscription, page visit and avatar upload)
  • Points for external module actions. This is the heart of my loyalty module. It can be extended easily with other modules. You use a review module? Ask the dev to hook into my module and you will be able to give points for reviews. Have a question & answer module? Give points for answers. Give additional points for the best answer or whatever you like.
  • Coupons: if a customer has reached a ceratain amount of points, he will receive a coupon.
  • A customer can also achieve levels. I would call this feature gamification. This will be similair to coupons, but it's just a symbolic reward. If an user reaches certain amounts of points, he will become a "super ninja". Probably I will add icon functionality as well.
  • On frontend I plan user settings with avatar and display_name. In addition there will be a leaderboard and a timeline.

How do you think about it?

• Like 2

@wakabayashi said in Planned Free Module: Loyalty Points:

A customer can also achieve levels. I would call this feature gamification. This will be similair to coupons, but it’s just a symbolic reward. If an user reaches certain amounts of points, he will become a “super ninja”. Probably I will add icon functionality as well.

how about reach level in a timely manner?

example: The customer reaches "level2" if buy more than 399$ in the year 2018 or in the last 12 months (or a customizable number of days/month). After that time if the customer doesn't reach the "target" came back to level1.

Coupons: if a customer has reached a ceratain amount of points, he will receive a coupon.

Are the coupon the core cart rules, right? if yes this could be useful because with the: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1413/free-module-simple-vip-card you could give away a VIP card if a customer reaches a specific level.

@datakick said in Planned Free Module: Loyalty Points:

...but it’s just a symbolic reward. If an user reaches certain amounts of points, he will become a “super ninja”

If you associate levels with customer groups, it can be much more than just symbolic reward

Yep, I thought about that too. To use customer group, is probably a good idea. It will offer a lot of possibilites for the merchant.

@foolab said in Planned Free Module: Loyalty Points:

A customer can also achieve levels. I would call this feature gamification. This will be similair to coupons, but it’s just a symbolic reward. If an user reaches certain amounts of points, he will become a “super ninja”. Probably I will add icon functionality as well.

how about reach level in a timely manner?

example: The customer reaches "level2" if buy more than 399$ in the year 2018 or in the last 12 months (or a customizable number of days/month). After that time if the customer doesn't reach the "target" came back to level1.

Coupons: if a customer has reached a ceratain amount of points, he will receive a coupon.

Are the coupon the core cart rules, right? if yes this could be useful because with the: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1413/free-module-simple-vip-card you could give away a VIP card if a customer reaches a specific level.

I haven't coded anything on the coupons yet. But I plan to generate to core cart rules. But I don't believe this VIP module is will be important for my module. Since if I use customer_group on levels. You can just define, when a customer reaches the VIP group. I guess that's what the VIP module does.

For the orders I have to think about it. Probably I won't use the order feature at all for myself. But of course I understand, that many merchants want to reward orders. Maybe I should go for a flexible way in levels. I planned to reach a level when somebody reaches a certain amount of points. Maybe I need to expand it to: if somebody reaches a certain amount of points in a certain amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I released an alpha version of my module: https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_krona/releases

The module became much more complex, than I thought. I am sure, that I missed quite a few bugs... So any kind of feedback would help. I am sure, there is a lot of room to improve the module. Right now, I won't add too many new features, since it's already very complex. I need to see, how everything works out and how many people use the module in practice.

If you report bugs, please tell me which version of thirty bees you use. Also if it's multistore or not.

@wakabayashi I can't use your release zip file to install the module. Problem is that the zip file contains folder with different name than the module itself (name contains version). It's ok when I renamed the folder and re-zipped it.

@wakabayashi very nice module. I especially like how it's versatile. For example, use of coupon's template is really simple but powerfull idea...

Some notes and improvements requests: - bug - link to settings on front / customer's account does not work - improvement - order state - it would be nice if we could choose multiple order statuses. Or maybe associate it with 'Consider the associated order as validated.' - bug - points for orders are displayed incorrectly / blank: 0_1520236045722_bug.png

@datakick thx a lot Sir! Yeah the release needs to be renamed. In the future I will upload my own zips. Now it's just the auto thing from github.

• Bug with wrong links are likely. I will go trough all of them, since I hardcoded some instead of always going for context->link... Bad me :D
  • Right. the multiple status thing is a good idea. I will probably redesign the orders as a whole.
  • Maybe you didn't put in a title and a message under settings? As I said above, I am probably gonna redesign it.

Have you already checked, if the hooks are working for you?

Have you already checked, if the hooks are working for you?

I've just submitted integration with your module -- this version is still officially not released, I'd like to test it (and possibly extend) a little bit more. You can donwload this version from github if you wish to test it.

I've encountered one problem - revws module registers 3 actions. They were all saved correctly to tb_genzo_krona_action table, but only the last action was saved to tb_genzo_krona_action_shop table. You should definitely check this issue.

@wakabayashi - singlestore... but I can't reproduce it anymore as well, so maybe that was just some glitch in the matrix :)

Anyway, do you think it would be possible to pass action label and message during registration? At the moment only action key is passed, and user have to manually enter labels for all actions.

Yeah I have tested it now multiple times. It seems to work always for me. But I will keep it in mind...

I could add that. But I thought it would not be wished from other module devs. :D The reason why I thought so, was the different languages. How would you handle that in your module? Would you just pass an english string as default?

No problem @wakabayashi . It's a great module, very flexible! More people need to test it and see... Time to step up people, everyone who uses loyalty points on their site needs to use this module instead. Even those who don't use loyalty points can start with this one, or just use it for the gamification, which is great too.

@wakabayashi very great job - it looks very good, i have a little bit tested.

i dont know if its on your todo list - for example: the next release -> can you add code to some front tpl files

i think because of the better overview in comparison to the other modules in the customer account. so that it looks like the other standard modules.

```

```