thirty bees forum

Free Module: Loyalty Points [genzo_krona]

wakabayashi

• 2 weeks later...

I just released version 1.1.

I added a little notification function. For this a db change was required. The update should handle this. When you switch the notification on. You can just add something like this to your theme:

```

``` It will be filled with a red bubble and the number of unseen timeline entries. Similair to the forum here or facebook:

0_1524227206345_bubble.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it sounds like it could work. I will try. Is it possible to configure so the voucher is not combinable with other voucher codes (this is the way our current review module works)? The thing is that if the user buys 5 products and write 5 reviews, it is ok if he gets 5 individual vouchers but they must not be possible to combine since that would give him a 25% discount on his next purchase.

I tried today, to make this module also compatible with prestashop 1.6. I have to say, that it doesn't work... prestashop 1.6 doesn't support namespaces in ObjectModel. So there won't be a prestashop support. It would be a too big and bad rewrite.

• 2 months later...

This module is awesome! It integrates really well with both datakick's and slick's modules. I am using it to create a narrative as well, with clues and mysteries delivered as people reach levels. I was wondering how to integrate other TB modules, such as giving a reward when someone uses the wish list for example, or other customer centric modules.

Is there a fairly easy way to integrate it and others for non programmers such as myself? Thank you in any case! Amazing module.

@movieseals I'm afraid there isn't an easy way. Those third party modules will have to implement couple of hooks in order to communicate with krona module.

With the small tb community this probably won't happen anytime soon. I'm really sad that this module is not ported to vanilla ps16, because the adoption rate by merchants would be much higher. And with that might come the support by third-party modules.

@datakick I understand. It is really too bad. The potential for this module to help build a truly engaged community is tremendous. The gamification aspect alone for me is ripe with amazing opportunities. If there was an easy way to hook at least the basic customer centric modules that come with TB, that would have been very helpful.

I am also investigating the possibility of having Easter Eggs when people perform a certain number of actions and tasks, either in a certain order or in a certain pattern, which could net them a free item or an additional discount and so on.

Hopefully, things will grow a bit more and reach a level when we can really make shopping online part of an interactive experience instead of just a passive flip through pages.

@datakick Wow! Sure! I will do that. The first one I can think of is the wishlist module (Front office Features Wishlist block v2.0.0 - by thirty bees). People could get a point whenever they add an item to their wish list. Another one could be Send to a Friend Module v2.0.1 - by thirty bees, where people get a point whenever they use the function. I will get back to you with more.

@vincentdenkspel Sure. The basic structure is already within the module. People are competitive by nature. If you create a game within the store, one that is driven by reaching levels by either accumulating points for certain actions, or by actually doing actions (like 50 reviews gets you to the next level), and if you use levels as clues to leverage an overall mystery for example, in order to give people a narrative that they want to conclude, you can offer various rewards along the way. Using products themselves as part of the clues delivering devices, with a combination of CMS pages and, why not, videos. I am trying to see if we could trigger easter eggs by visiting certain pages.

You give lots of smaller prizes along the way but one big one for the first person to successfully go through the gauntlet, say a $1000 voucher. If you make the game challenging enough and interesting enough, what at least some people will do in order to beat it will be sufficient to justify the loss since you will have filled your store with user generated content. @datakick revws and the birthday modules are good complements to what was already there. By leveraging more user modules to generate points to reward actions, I think we can build something that is more than just merely shopping and actually build a community around the shopping experience and the site that hosts it.

@movieseals here's support for wishlist module, if you want to use it, you'll need to download it from my github repository, branch krona. I'll create a pull request, but I'm not 100% sure it will be integrated. Krona module is a community module, and I'm not sure if TB maintainers would want to reference community module from core module.

This integration creates 3 actions:

• wishlist created
  • product added to wishlist
  • wishlist sent by email

Of course, you don't need to use all 3 of them

https://github.com/getdatakick/blockwishlist/commit/134d757379bf385028a4eb7c674ae3d27b0c8205