thirty bees forum

[Free Module] Send Review Request

SLiCK_303

I just made a new version, v3.0.0. It is a re-write of the module, to include the ability to set how many days to wait to send the email, via a cron job. You will need to do an uninstall, delete, and then d/l and install the new version.

@slick_303 said in [Free Module] Send Review Request:

I just made a new version, v3.0.0. It is a re-write of the module, to include the ability to set how many days to wait to send the email, via a cron job. You will need to do an uninstall, delete, and then d/l and install the new version.

Nice. A quick question - on installation, I see it shows a few hundreds of emails will be sent in the next process.

I am hoping emails will only be sent for recent orders - that exactly meet the send after number of days - is that correct?

If the condition is <send after days, emails will be sent to all earlier orders however old they are, which may not be desirable. Should it be orders that meet =send after days?

Thank you.

@Chandra , I see what you are talking about. yes, right now it will send out emails older than x days, all of them, untill it does it once, then it will be up-to-date and only send out new ones older than x days. I will make the changes, and set it up to only send ones between x and y days. Stand by for a new release...

ok, I added a new version that you can set the max days for an email to send, so you can now set it up to only send ones between x and y days. Also, I added the ability to set more that one order state, again I did it the dirty way were you have to manually enter the order states, but it works. Next version will have the order states and group access in drop downs, so you can pick them nicely without having to figure out the numbers. U/l this version and do a reset, or just install this version over your old.

Here I am, with yet another release. This one will allow you to pick the groups and order statuses via a drop down menu, instead of manually entering them. Simply install over your existing module, and check your settings, to make sure everything is the same, especially the order states and groups.

Sir Slick, I am also so very much thrilled - I can't tell you. Though I still have to import old reviews into Datakick's great review module I must thank you in advance for giving this great module to us. I am in ecommerce for 6 years and have literally lost hundreds if not thousands of euros to these services (I call them just members of the Vulture Club in ecoomerce) that charge so much for a "review system". All I was after was a way to send this "review" emails. I was a customer of Ekomi, Trusted Shops (big one in Germany) and Yotpo. I never felt happy with them.

Now I see light again despite the fact that I am already a happy Thirty Bees user and am more than happy looking forward to have Review by Datakick running and your Send-Review-Request module. Additionally I know that my shop will not have to run any external calls via scripts like Yotpo etc. since these slowed my shop down very much.

Thank you! /bow

Great module! Thank you very much doing this for the community! One question though: I would like to modify the email-template, but don't want it to get overridden each time I update the module. Is that possible at the moment?

Also, I would suggest that the text "Next process will send: X e-mail(s)" on the settings page automatically updates as soon as you change a setting. Right now the text is confusing, as it doesn't reflect your settings until you save the page.

oh sure, just copy the all the emails in /modules/sendreviewrequest/mails, to /themes//modules/sendreviewrequest/mails

you can also copy them to a different language other that en, and then modify them. Just put them in the appropriate language folder, like fr for french, ect...

@SLiCK303 I've found a small bug that you may want to fix in the next release: If you deselect all customer groups and save, the module settings page will throw a 500 internal server error and the only way to restore functionality is to manually edit the SENDREVWREQUESTGROUP field in the database.

By the way: Is there a reason that you have disabled the possibility to select Guest customer group in the settings? I re-enabled the guest group in the code since most of my customers don't register with an account, and the module seems to be working fine with guest users as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@SLiCK_303 Hi, I see the products list is not being sent out in the email from the current version - it worked correctly before. I have confirmed the email template shows {products} correctly.

What should I be looking at to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

So the email is being sent out, but it's just showing {products}, instead of the actual product links/pics? Are you sure the browser is not to blame, like in hotmail were you may have to click on the 'show content' for things to actually show? I just confirmed the module was sending out a product list for me. Are you using english or a different language? Is your store multishop?

You might change line 262 which reads: if ($np <= $number_products || !empty($number_products)) { to: if ($np <= $number_products || $number_products == 0) { in the modules sendreviewrequest.php file. I dont think thats it though, it should at lest be showing {products}. very strange.