thirty bees forum

I will say goodbye

zimmer-media

@mockob Indeed time will tell. However, my experience with 'commercial' PS developer is not better. I bought a review module with 2 year of updates for i think € 200 with the promise that they would add 'multible creteria' feature within a few months. This was in 2014 and to my knowledge this is still not included.

I tthink they are doing a great job and happy that is switched to TB, but i do think communication must be much better. You can rest assured that you did not hurt my feelings :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to get the paypal module working but I had an issue with the stripe module a couple weeks ago and mdekker put out an update and fixed it for me within 24 hours and even apologized. Did you try reporting the issue via github?

I remember official PS support often took 4-5 days to even get a one line response.

I've actually had way less bugs with TB then PS thus far.

This has really blown up.

This is what I see. I see one bug report from 2 days ago as the only issue on the stripe module. I see a couple issues on the paypal module, but no blockers in terms of taking payments.

I have to say I agree with @yaniv14 with his assessment. If these are huge issues, consider contacting one of us for a paid fix. We are all trying to operate businesses here. None of us run charity websites. I think everyone in the community understands that we are trying to make this project more profitable where we can spend more time working on it and pushing it further into the future. If it is cheaper for you to close your shop and redevelop it from scratch, than to purchase a 2 hour support package from us, then what is your time actually worth?

That being said, we are not trying to release broken software so we can charge people to fix it. In the last year both @mdekker and I have taken huge pay cuts to try to get thirty bees a foothold in the marketplace. We could possibly make more money if we exploited our users more. We have been approached several times about providing integrations that sell your data to companies. While the money is attractive, we have declined in all instances.

I am sorry to see you go @zimmer-media but there is one thing I would ask. Let me know when you find another platform or community where you can message one of the developers and get dedicated help for free. I remember helping and fixing bugs on your site personally when you were launching it. As the community grew we just do not have time for that anymore, or that is what we would be doing all day everyday.

Answers and additional information

@tomik said in I will say goodbye:

and the postnl module, could be that hes getting paid for that module so it has a higher priority which is understandable

sorry to read this and must smile - i think it isnt paid, you can download free from github

@drmasterchief said in I will say goodbye:

Do you really need Stripe ?

YES i need I want to be competitive with my shops eventually. Only bank transfer and Paypal as a payment option is too little. Stripe offers more than just credit card payments, it includes several payment options when activated. In addition, this is better to get customers and keep regular customers. In Germany and the rest of the world there are buyers who do not want to pay with Paypal. etc In addition, I have since the update from Paypal to version 5.3.2 have problems and have communicated this here in the forum also often. And now that Stripe is not working for me anymore, should I continue to wait and wait and wait?

@mockob said in I will say goodbye:

which are ruin their business

yes thats do it @ all It's not just about my own existence. What about my wife and kids? What about my team. Should I give up everything?

@yaniv14 said in I will say goodbye:

But you prefer to blame lesley and michael, for you loosing money on your shop, when you are not even offering to buy paid service from them.

I did not accuse you for that. I also do not urge you to fix that for me quickly. I think you have misunderstood something here. Like a few lines above -> I have already shared the Paypal problem many times here in the forum. If some key issues are not resolved, how does the new TB interested switch to TB? etc

If I have come too close, I apologize. I've always rated Lesley and Michael's achievements positively and respected them. Switching from PS to TB with a shop was not easy. Since you were both very helpful.

The last few weeks days and hours have become very frustrating for me. I too have to feed my family. Some noticed that I had 5 active online shops in my signature. All with TB and on 3 different servers. Everywhere I have the same problem with the payment methods. Should I buy an additional payment module from PS for each shop and then it will not even work with TB?

@yaniv14 and can you point me to the place that says "we the users expect micheal and lesley to be always availble 24/7 to fix bugs?" But putting a note out or a tweet (twitter is silent from January) to inform the community that someone has to take some time off is also not a bad idea. If one complains than that is his problem, if many complain than that's TB problem. All problems can be resolved by communication but need addressed in any case. That what leading means. I have already suggested to create task teams. Anyway. For a user that doesn't use TB I talk to much. But I like TB, @lesley and @mdekker too much to shut up

@zimmer-media said in I will say goodbye:

sorry to read this and must smile - i think it isnt paid, you can download free from github

**ouch* Some code being open source certainly doesn't indicate the work for writing this code isn't paid.

Yes, there are people out there who pay others for writing open source code. Actually, most open source code is written by developers paid in some way or another. Reason for this is simple: coding has to be paid anyways and making code open source makes it more reliable.

@mediacom87 said in I will say goodbye:

TB should not make the same mistakes as PS by adding features on micro release.

True. Even if it's sometimes tempting to add a feature, which also fixes a bug, which is already written.

That said, I'm pretty positive thirty bees should actually start reducing features and configuration options. Each feature and each option adds chances for bugs and reduces maintainability. KISS rulez :-) But guess how popular that'd be in a community which mostly exists for asking for options even for the most distant corner cases :-)

@yaniv14 I don't have any problems following the unread posts every day.

I am already a Patreon but don't have a TB shop yet. Would also like to pay for services if I need to but this project is seemed to fail if you put your head into the sand stop answering here.

@traumflug You have a "feauture request page" for that. IMO versioning is not the problem. Feauteres are also not the problem (I am not a developer ) But most of those feautures exist in prestashop via modules. Keep the core clean and let the merchant choose the modules he needs by downloads. That way you keep compatability at a max with ps and can easely find if a module is causing the problem

@lesley Since I can't seem to shut up... :-) What about giving developers motive to create TB modules. Depending on how complicated the module is you could offer discount on the marketplace, but banners on the site etc. This can also apply for marketeers. If a marketeer offers good help to TB put a banner for their other services, or provide commision on the product or service sold. Just saying....

@lesley and no success ? @datakick came to mind when seeing review module feature request. You could use that and close that feature and give to @datakick something back. Same applied to @wakabayashi or @SLiCK_303. If someone creates a module that is on the feature list

@nickon I do not, and did not, expect any sort of compensation for my modules, I did it purely to help the community, to support tb. I'm sure the other guys are the same. But, I do understand what you are saying, trying to help promote that kind of action. I think as long as tb is a strong platform, people will be inclined to help it, and the community, without any sort of 'give back'. At least I would hope so....

@lesley looking forward to your written update in the coming days. I think a lot of frustration comes from the recent silence here and on github. By coincidence I read on the PS core weekly earlier today that out of 56 contributors to the last minor PS 1.7 update, 37 were community members (or something like that). This does not correlate with only 6 devs working on Prestashop.

I think a lot of us are here for the community and are both interested and willing to help boosting the project and I think it is understandable that people get a bit restless when there is no visible progress for a long time. If @mdekker has to focus on a paid project for some time, maybe others can step up and help and he/you still get the final word on merging PR's. Without the help from the community I see it challenging for the project to scale.

Well lesley, I have follow the movements from datakick, and his free module offer. That are giving confidence to buy other stuff from him. I will buy the massa import/export module, when my TB shop go live..When you give the best of you for free, you get more back. Confidence come on foot and go away with a horse..

Why should tb compensate me for my free module? Actually the merchants, which are using my module could do it, if they like it.

Somehow all this threads are the same. There is just no serious userbase with income right now. Some are still on PS. Some are still in launching phase. Some launched but don't have orders. Some have little income. I believe only a very few merchants use tb and live from it.

That my actual topic has triggered such a great debate, I had not planned or thought. The original text should just be bye. Originally I did not want to say more. In places, I was apparently not understood correctly by some people.

Since the Paypal problem with my shops with update to 5.3.2 and try with version 6 I waited patiently. I was not even annoying. I pointed this out to Lesley and Michael on various issues. I have been waiting and trying to compensate. I would have waited a little longer because of that. When I saw and communicated mistakes, it is not only in my own interest, but also for the community.

And now that Stripe is no longer working with the new update and attempts to get a previous version up and running again did not work out. Here I had to make a decision. This decision was to change the shop system and make no drama out of it.

The work of the programmers on the system and the guys who have developed these great new modules I can always say only hats off.

As others have written, I have also invested a lot of time and support in this project. And the decision to change the system was certainly not easy for me. If the budget is running low, because there are hardly any payments left, you have to act. And it was not due to missing visitors or customers. The heart hurts.