Images again

• This is not TB specific but I am curious

I have tried to figure out how the PS image system works and I think I know the structure

Now. I get my product pictures as zip from the supplier. I unpack and then the xml import module tell TB/PS the path and name of them. I have today about 4400 products and to make it easy to calculate each product has 4 pics. I counted the supplier pictures today and it was 25816 to be exact.
    If I am correct all product images is placed in img/p/all the subfolders. I made a php script to calculate the total number of images in the p+sub and there is about 85000. Why is it so?

• Because PS auto-generates different sizes of every picture when you upload them. You can disable these under Preferences > Images.

• I understand that but it does not explain all of them. But a question. Does PS autogenerate all sizes from all picture? I upload thumbs, cover and thickbox picture in correct size.

• Global Moderator

Looking at what the demo products create might help to understand what’s going on:

$ find img/p/1/1
    img/p/1/1
    img/p/1/1/11-medium_default.jpg
    img/p/1/1/11.jpg
    img/p/1/1/11-thickbox_default.jpg
    img/p/1/1/11-small_default.jpg
    img/p/1/1/11-cart_default.jpg
    img/p/1/1/11-large_default.jpg
    img/p/1/1/11-home_default.jpg
    img/p/1/1/index.php

Seven picture sizes per picture uploaded, so 85’000 is actually not enough. It should be like 25’816 * 7 = 180’712 :-)

• Global Moderator

… if you think that’s too much, modify your theme to require not all of them. The surplus ones can be removed them and generation of new ones turned off in backoffice -> Preferences -> Images.

• What is these for?

17	scene_default	870 px	270 px						

18	m_scene_default	161 px	58 px

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.