Canelis - high quality catfood

• hello there,

so nobody has really used this sub-forum before? Well, then I’d like to give it a try :)
    Even though I’m not sure how much sense it will make since I want to talk about a German page…

There is a client I’m working with for many years now but still their business hasn’t been that successful. I guess it’s mostly because they had no clear “message” and strategy other than being just another catfood.
    Anyways, I gave it a little make-over and therefore switched to thirty bees.
    www.canelis.de

One of the most important Updates is this landing-page:
    canelis.de/was-ist-gutes-hochwertiges-katzenfutter
    Which should tell the customer what makes a good catfood and why Canelis is so good.
    I’m struggling a little with it’s google rank - can’t get better than ~43 (keyword “hochwertiges Katzenfutter” = high quality catfood). But I’m not sure why. The competition isn’t that good…
    Any ideas how I can improve the rank in an organic fashion?

And any general thoughts?

• Global Moderator

The page looks nice! I like the landing pages and the content in general. I would clearly recommend to expand this field. Maybe the site can get some ideas from this one: https://www.chewy.com/petcentral I believe they are amazing, when it comse to content marketing.

You should improve the speed of the store. It’s too slow here in switzerland…

• @wakabayashi Thanks (:
    Yea, more content (especially a blog) would be great. The old page had one, but content-creation isn’t the owner’s strongest suit…

I haven’t activated a CDN yet, perhaps it would help in Switzerland. On the other hand I’m not sure I can get that much more out of it with the current webhosting.

• Global Moderator

Are you using full page cache? Yeah maybe it’s the hoster… We are on a (cheap) dedicated server and I don’t regret it at all. I believe it’s a good investment if there is already a bit of revenue…

• I activated the option “Full page cache” but I haven’t linked any modules to a hook because I had some CSS issues with it before :/

I think this shop finally needs to grow before they invest in a better hosting/server. Maybe tomorrow I have time to add a CDN and perhaps this will help a little.

• @manisch I like it - looks good

• @Manisch site looks good, i agree some more content will help. But if the products are getting lost in content its also not helpfull. I watched the other site chewy.com but i should leave it because it gives so much info i cant find the products i am looking for.
    Maybe something to look at are the prices. Maybe too low? I am selling products since 2005 on internet and i discovered that sometimes, especially when its a private label product it is not helpfull to be cheap. I raised for my private label products the prices with about 30% and my revenue almost tripled after that.

Just curious: which theme did you use?

• administrators

Great looking site!

• @baarssen hmm, I can’t say much about the pricing. The owner always says that “catfood is a difficult market” because people tend to mindlessly buy the cheaper stuff. She even lowered the price. If I remember correctly, it once was 2,39€ and now is 2,02€.
    In the end…she kinda has…one order per day :x So there really needs to be done something.

The theme is this one (modified):
    https://www.templatemonster.com/prestashop-themes/b2bstore-prestashop-theme-64019.html

• In Chrome, when I hover the cart icon in the header, the cart contents show up, but when I try to move the mouse inside the contents the box disappears before I can get there.

• @gonssal Yes, I noticed this and I thought it was a bug at first, bur it’s only when your cart is empty, which makes somewhat sense.

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.