thirty bees forum

Help me develop killer One Page Checkout module

datakick

2 hours ago, Pedalman said:

Ouch, is this confirmative?

I am still with Mollie since it just works most of the time. I can not say about other payment integration solutions I had with PS/TB the last 10years. And I am not aware of an alternative as European at the moment so it would be nice if Datakick OnePageCheckout would work nicely with Mollie. Perhaps it does and configuration is wrong or need some tuning?

PS:

Is there a demo version of OPC I could install on my testserver?

My module should work with any payment module that implements standard displayPaymentEU hook. Mollie does implement it, so there shouldn't be any blocking issue.

Regarding demo version -- this module is released under trial license. You can download it from my store, and you'll get 14 days to evaluate it for free

• Like 1

3 hours ago, datakick said:

My module should work with any payment module that implements standard displayPaymentEU hook. Mollie does implement it, so there shouldn't be any blocking issue.

Regarding demo version -- this module is released under trial license. You can download it from my store, and you'll get 14 days to evaluate it for free

@datakick Mollie has implement the hook displayPaymentEU, when i select ideal it switched back to bankwire payment. I can give you accces if needed.
50248587_Screenshot_2019-06-12PositiesDrankExpert.thumb.png.f78f1f7ab8cfe2a3f03ba409ffe02a56.png

2 hours ago, Kleijn36 said:

@datakick Mollie has implement the hook displayPaymentEU, when i select ideal it switched back to bankwire payment. I can give you accces if needed.

I'll try to reproduce this issue on my local environment. I might take your offer if I fail to reproduce it locally

• 1 month later...

I've just released new version 0.2.0. Here are the main features:

1) you can now choose between unified block with both shipping and payment options, of have these two sections rendered separately. 

Unified block:

image.png.b3601452fd04455cfd6793588ce7b104.png 

Separate blocks:

image.png.d52ce564ddb9b4dec10776d567d4fe40.png

2) There's an option to render logos for payment and carriers

3) Initial support for form extension. Third party modules can now extend checkout forms, and add their own fields (or even sections). For example, my premium version of revws module (in upcoming version) will render checkbox to ask user for consent to send review request.

And of course, there were some bugs fixed. 

You can download the new version from my site

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi

Just had a customer call me and said she has tried multiple times to pay for a order though my website but on a tablet.

She called me in the end and I did it on my PC and went though first time.. Have you had any issues in the past with tablets.

Using TB V1.0.8 / Default template / chex 0.16

Will update at some stage and try a test purchase again

Hi Petr,

I've been looking around for a good checkout for a little while and then I stumbled on this little gem. WOW! Petr, I definitely think that you're onto something here with this 'back-to-front' approach and you are correct... people want to see all the costs BEFORE handing over their personal details and this checkout does a great job with that. I think a two column approach is perfect and the sticky cart summary is what every checkout should have.

I definitely want to buy this module but before I do, I would really need to see a few things sorted out first... This is what I uncovered on my dev server while testing:

1) If I enter an email address that already exists in the database (I an exisiting customer) I have no way of performing a password recovery if a customer forgets their password. And if you enter the wrong password, no feedback is given. It's as if nothing happened.

2) If I enter my persoanl details and move away from the checkout and then come back again, all my personal details are no longer there (fields are empty) even though I'm still logged in.

Also, I think it would be a great improvement if merchants had the ability to to show html messages (perhaps at the top of the checkout page) about upcomming holiday breaks, store closures, and other useful and relevant information.

Thanks Petr.
The new version is great. I did not read all the comments.
- Is the module compatible with other themes such as Panda?
- An input field in the order process is still missing or I have overlooked it:
               "If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below."

example
image.thumb.png.2bb799575f1adbac356c0290ec3d4220.png

Edited by colorful-ant

On 7/19/2019 at 1:12 AM, datakick said:

I've just released new version 0.2.0. Here are the main features:

1) you can now choose between unified block with both shipping and payment options, of have these two sections rendered separately. 

Unified block:

image.png.b3601452fd04455cfd6793588ce7b104.png 

Separate blocks:

image.png.d52ce564ddb9b4dec10776d567d4fe40.png

2) There's an option to render logos for payment and carriers

3) Initial support for form extension. Third party modules can now extend checkout forms, and add their own fields (or even sections). For example, my premium version of revws module (in upcoming version) will render checkbox to ask user for consent to send review request.

And of course, there were some bugs fixed. 

You can download the new version from my site

Do you have any demo or video to see more screen captures?

On 7/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, Mike1 said:

1) If I enter an email address that already exists in the database (I an exisiting customer) I have no way of performing a password recovery if a customer forgets their password. And if you enter the wrong password, no feedback is given. It's as if nothing happened.

I can't believe I forgot to implement password recovery. I'll implement it right away and release new version soon

2) If I enter my persoanl details and move away from the checkout and then come back again, all my personal details are no longer there (fields are empty) even though I'm still logged in.

I've added this to my backlog, but with low priority. I won't implement this anytime soon. But thanks for feature request

Also, I think it would be a great improvement if merchants had the ability to to show html messages (perhaps at the top of the checkout page) about upcomming holiday breaks, store closures, and other useful and relevant information.

I'm not sure this should be part of checkout module. This looks like an ideal job for tbhtmlblock module

On 7/19/2019 at 9:26 PM, colorful-ant said:

Thanks Petr.
The new version is great. I did not read all the comments.

- Is the module compatible with other themes such as Panda?

Yes, it should be. You might want to do some minor css tweaks to better integrate checkout page, but in general it should work out of the box

On 7/19/2019 at 9:26 PM, colorful-ant said:

- An input field in the order process is still missing or I have overlooked it:
               "If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below."

This is not implemented. I've added this to my backlog and it will be added soon. But it will probably be hidden behind some settings option, because not everyone needs this

On 7/20/2019 at 5:54 PM, danwarrior said:

Do you have any demo or video to see more screen captures?

You can test this module on my demo account

• Like 1

Hi @datakick first of all your module is just great, as all your job.

I think I wrote you once on email about such behaviour on your site and I just noticed it on the module’s demo. It’s about the zoom when selecting input field on safari (iPhone). I don’t know if it is same on android devices. But it really is not providing best ux, if I have to zoom out every time when I select an input field, and It would be great to fix it.

Here are some screenshots:

Other thing I noticed is when I enter not complete email address, there is no error message or anything informing me that I should enter complete email to continue.

i am attaching screenshot of that also.

Edit: It would be great if the phone number input fields for example, bring the large numeric keypad on mobile, instead the normal (letter) keyboard.

A1B38F35-EEAD-46C6-9633-48424B921A20.png

CFA1214D-0BDF-4F27-AD5E-B6D52B4D16C3.png

D832CCED-5E8C-4031-A051-3140F6F7F515.png

Edited by MockoB

I've just released new version 0.3.0. This version adds some new functionality, but more importantly it fixes serious login-related bug introduced in 0.2.0. I strongly suggest you to update to this new version

NEW FUNCTIONALITY

• Support for manual exemption in VAT module. Your customers can now click I qualify for VAT relief checkbox
  • Added password reset functionality
  • Added floating UI notification snackbar to inform user about various events (invalid password, wrong discount coupon code,...)

BUGFIXES

• Fixed serious bug regarding login user
  • Fixed bug with not showing all customers addresses
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, datakick said:

I've just released new version 0.3.0. This version adds some new functionality, but more importantly it fixes serious login-related bug introduced in 0.2.0. I strongly suggest you to update to this new version

NEW FUNCTIONALITY

• Support for manual exemption in VAT module. Your customers can now click I qualify for VAT relief checkbox
  • Added password reset functionality
  • Added floating UI notification snackbar to inform user about various events (invalid password, wrong discount coupon code,...)

BUGFIXES

• Fixed serious bug regarding login user
  • Fixed bug with not showing all customers addresses

Do you think I can use it on a new site, or is in beta yet? We have Stripe, PayPal and Bank transfer, no special shipping modules by now, using Panda :)

Just now, danwarrior said:

Do you think I can use it on a new site, or is in beta yet? We have Stripe, PayPal and Bank transfer, no special shipping modules by now, using Panda 🙂

Yes, it is production ready. Of course, you should test all the flows yourself to be sure. Like with every other module 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, datakick said:

Yes, it is production ready. Of course, you should test all the flows yourself to be sure. Like with every other module 🙂

Fine. On the standard checkout and an old easy checkout I created for PrestaShop 1.6 is all working, so I'm going to try yours.

In a near future we're using this module, from Nacex, is a big and very used shippment company in Spain: https://www.nacex.es/irServicioIntegraciones.do

(I attach the document they gave us)

Manual_NXPrestashop.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

New version 0.3.1 released. This version fixes a bug that prevented selection of those payment options whose action url changed over time (for example because it contained timestamp or random number)

This should resolve problems with mollie module

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Great work, the only thing I am missing is an option to change some things like (font) color and size. My target group is mostly 30+ years ans likes black on white for readability. 

That's what CSS is for. My module comes with default light theme. But you can, of course, change it to match your requirements.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 3:56 PM, datakick said:

New version 0.3.1 released.

Excellent. However, I found a couple issues that probably need to be resolved also:

1) Adding a new address that is of a different country to that of the shipping address is impossible since there is no country field anywhere to be found on the form. For example, if I were to send an order to the USA (for example, as a gift) and I wanted to enter an Invoice address of Australia, unfortunately I am unable to select Australia and therefore I'm unable to choose the correct state of Australia either.

2) If I am logged in and move away from the checkout and then come back to the checkout again, the shipping address that I had previously selected is no longer there, and I am then presented with a blank form. Maybe if there was a way to bring up the address book then I could re-select the address I want but there is way to do this.  Likewise, if I'm a new customer and I enter my email address, shipping address and then move away temporarily from the checkout, everything is lost when I return. I really think this would frustrate some visitors and contribute to a poor user experience if left unresolved.

• 2 weeks later...

New version 0.4.0 has just been released

New functionality

- Persistent storage for entry form - customers can now leave checkout or refresh the page, and the data they have already entered will be recovered
- Ability to remove products from cart, or edit their quantities

Bugfixes

- fixed problem with displaying payment name in collapsed mode
- display placeholder when no shipping / payment is available

cart-edit.png.78e131f4c924a6c8a75db05788326c31.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering if anyone is having this problem or knows of the solution? For some reason the CSS isn’t loading on mobile devices. In other words, the checkout is unformatted and is looking very ordinary. Desktop is loading fine btw.

The site is running on the Panda theme and I have the OPC installed on TB version 1.0.8.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Mike1 said:

I'm wondering if anyone is having this problem or knows of the solution? For some reason the CSS isn’t loading on mobile devices. In other words, the checkout is unformatted and is looking very ordinary. Desktop is loading fine btw.

The site is running on the Panda theme and I have the OPC installed on TB version 1.0.8.

Thanks

you need to check that

• css file is loaded into the page -- ensure that the displayHeader / displayMobileHeader are hooked
  • css file is not corrupted -- for example CCC may concatenate it / prepend with another CSS file that is not closed correctly
  • invalidate cache (browser/server/CDN-cloudflare)