Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

datakick

Help me develop killer One Page Checkout module

7 hours ago, datakick said:

Should the checkout process be really concerned about cross-selling, though?

You can already recommend related products directly on your product page, or on the added-to-cart popup. Isn't it enough?

image.png.ac44e0222cc02175b43cd1b995b97b5e.png 

This is the concern and a bug it appears, @datakick. This add to cart popup is no longer popping up with OPC enabled. If you add a product to the cart, it goes right to OPC and doesn't open the popup. I tried on your store as well since I can see you are running the latest versions and I get the same behavior.

4 hours ago, datakick said:

This will be caused by some CSS in your theme, they probably interfere with the module layout. It looks fine on my theme:

screen.jpg.29e9edbcbd585611e1135cead875f397.jpg

I am actually not the right person to judge this, since I don't have this module installed. Still I could imagine that there is a problem with this layout. Have you tried to change "UPS" to something longer? Like the User above has something like "UPS class/priority".

25 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

I am actually not the right person to judge this, since I don't have this module installed. Still I could imagine that there is a problem with this layout. Have you tried to change "UPS" to something longer? Like the User above has something like "UPS class/priority".

I just double checked. I have no custom CSS running. It's v1.1 bleeding edge running with Niara theme. I believe it's just an issue where the module css can't handle the image size that OOB TB allows, along with the two text columns correctly.

10 hours ago, datakick said:

Should the checkout process be really concerned about cross-selling, though?

You can already recommend related products directly on your product page, or on the added-to-cart popup. Isn't it enough?

image.png.ac44e0222cc02175b43cd1b995b97b5e.png 

You said the right words: it could be enough, but in terms of Conversion Rate Optimization, is in the checkout process when people are more ready to increase the average amount of the cart. This are marketing and optimization questions, directly connected with the development of the website. Think that the Checkout is the last step off the funnel in sales, so is the moment we (as sellers) can play with promos, related products, limited offers... I think they are talking about this.

Hi @datakick,

Giving this module a test, but it throws an error during install:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :"address"/Tar.php: Cannot use result of built-in function in write context.

Do you know what's causing this by any chance? I'm running TB 1.0.7, PHP 7.2, default PS 1.6 theme

Edit:

Might be something with our store. Hang on 😃

All the best

Edited by Norwegian_Rat

@datakick Is there any way to sort carriers other ways? I offer a free one for local customers, but don't wish to see it at the top of the list as it doesn't apply to most shoppers. I can sort the normal checkout by position, this one only seems to sort by price.

Edited by x97wehner

4 hours ago, x97wehner said:

@datakick Is there any way to sort carriers other ways? I offer a free one for local customers, but don't wish to see it at the top of the list as it doesn't apply to most shoppers. I can sort the normal checkout by position, this one only seems to sort by price.

No, it's not possible at the moment. It's in the pipeline, though. Together with option to change texts, logo, and generate dynamic delivery time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, datakick said:

No, it's not possible at the moment. It's in the pipeline, though. Together with option to change texts, logo, and generate dynamic delivery time

Sound great. So, when do you think we might see some of these changes/improvements? I think it's important that modules offer options and a degree of flexibility since most merchants will have different/special needs.

1 hour ago, Mike1 said:

Sound great. So, when do you think we might see some of these changes/improvements? I think it's important that modules offer options and a degree of flexibility since most merchants will have different/special needs.

I'm not sure, but it will probably take few weeks before I get to that.  

I am going to run my shop now with CHEX and am very excited about how things go.

At the moment I am only missing an option to set the CHEX UI apart from the then "background" front-end of the shop. In our case we would certainly benefit if the normal front-end of our shop would get an opaque layer since it does visually distract the customer from the CHEX UI and its forms. For example if you scroll down a bit in CHEX on a PC you will see the footer area of the front-end and it distracts...