Missing files (4)

/public_html/classes/Discount.php
    /public_html/classes/controller/AjaxController.php
    /public_html/classes/controller/ModuleAjaxController.php
    /public_html/classes/order/OrderDiscount.php

Or not?

• Global Moderator

On an installation from the Git repository:

$ ls classes/Discount.php classes/controller/AjaxController.php classes/controller/ModuleAjaxController.php classes/order/OrderDiscount.php
    ls: cannot access 'classes/Discount.php': No such file or directory
    ls: cannot access 'classes/controller/AjaxController.php': No such file or directory
    ls: cannot access 'classes/controller/ModuleAjaxController.php': No such file or directory
    ls: cannot access 'classes/order/OrderDiscount.php': No such file or directory

Which means: these files aren’t expected to exist.

Looking into the repo history one can find this: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/commit/0335d82603d48d0edd7ad149dbe729f6b69d005c These files were removed on March 12th. Apparently is was forgotten to update the list of expected files.

• administrators

Thanks, I’m currently searching where this comes from.

• Global Moderator

This is simple: config/json/files.json is out of date. 4 files no longer exist, 221 files have changed. Not exactly a trust building situation :-)

• Global Moderator

The question arising is: when should this file receive updates?

1. On every commit?
    2. On every bump of the release version?
    3. When creating a distribution package, creating this file on the fly?

• administrators

It is part of the build script. The file is updated with creating a distribution package.

I think that there is a difference in the way node.js and PHP generate md5 sums, maybe some PHP newline char trickery. I think it is better if we just replace the generatemd5list.js with a PHP cli script that uses the md5_file function.

• Global Moderator

News :-)

• files.json: while it’s tracked in the Git repo, it also gets updated when creating a package.
    • You, @atolodas , apparently run a development installation. Only four files missing. With an installation made from a package it’s much worse, 46 files missing :-)
    • Wrote a PHP version of the file generator (currently used is a JavaScript variant) and it turns out, both generators generate the same (except for sorting).
    • Updating files.json in a developer installation gives a perfectly fine validation.

So, what the heck?

The hint for the next step in this adventure game is here: files.json generated in a developer installation is 387 lines. The one generated for a package is 1261 lines. These two versions are expected to be the same.

Going bicycling now and when coming back I’ll put these puzzle pieces together.

• I think this problem resolved

• administrators

Don’t break your head on it. I, too, think that it has been solved today. Checks are limited to PHP files as those are the only ones of which PHP seems to be able to generate consistent md5 sums.

• Global Moderator

So I worked a full day for the trashcan. I thought it was clear that I’m working on this.

• administrators

Didn’t know. Have you found a better way?

• Global Moderator

I created a generator using PHP, I also removed the file from the Git repo, I implemented nice messages for developers, where the file doesn’t exist.

0_1492722621838_Fileckeck.png

And of course I triple-check code before providing it to the public.

• Global Moderator

Will melt down this work to align with what’s now on master and pull request that tomorrow. Not everything lost :-)

• Global Moderator

The six remaining commits were accepted and are now on Git master. Thanks, @mdekker.

• Global Moderator

Is this topic solved? Please mark it as solved then, @atolodas. It’s behind these three dots to the right of ‘reply’ and ‘quote’.

P.S.: actually I was wrong about this three-dot hamburger menu. Marking topics as resolved is in ‘Topic Tools’, rightmost in the series of buttons at the bottom of the first post.

• Sorry, but I don’t have permission to change Topic mark

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.