thirty bees forum

Official Mollie Module

wakabayashi

@MockoB I was critic some months ago, but now I think differently. There are more developers and I think it is quite obvious that TB is going much better (monthly releases, more active community,...). There are things to improve? Sure, as every business. As I said to Lesley privately, Congrats to all the whole TB team.

@rubben1985 I hope for the best of everyone who already choose tb that you are right. Unfortunately I'm not that optimistic, but it looks it's only me, so won't bother you with my thoughts. @vincentdenkspel it looks like even if you invested more than $1 monthly you will not be honored to know it...

@wakabayashi was it mentioned in your newsletter that there will be announcement later on the forums? I'm sure it's just your suggestion. Well, mine is that the fact @mdekker left the project is well hidden for months already, and there wouldn't be any updates here or anywhere, about his departure IF you didn't share with us about the newsletter. Everything announced from now on, will be hypocritically excuse for the lack of transparence!

@mockob said in Official Mollie Module:

I believe there should be pinned topic in the forum, labelled something like :”The one and only developer who developed the fork has left it months ago bacause …”

Did you see a topic in the PS forum announcing that some of their senior developers left? Probably not.

That said, @mdekker is certainly not the one and only developer. Look at Github, development has continued. Even with me currently mostly working on "basement" things, infrastructure not visible to the public. And me being very lazy on pushing commits. Right now I have no less than 45 commits in my local repository for the migration module, waiting for a push. Maybe it's a bad habit of me to triple check whether things work out as planned before I push.

@briljander said in Official Mollie Module:

But I guess he haven’t got that much back (moneywize) yet for his efforts

No sweat on this one. It's true, there is no 5-digit monthly salary. Still it works out better than I expected. For example, I do these bought migration services and each time we can welcome a new thirty bees shop this way, some funds go to my pocket.

One thing to not forget is that thirty bees operates in a pretty saturated market. Many shop solutions out there, so one can't expect rocket-like growth. With this in mind, thirty bees growth goes really well. Just last month at least 5 module/theme developers joined and now officially support thirty bees. Awesome.

@Traumflug I meant, the one who developed the fork, not the one who is developing it now. The work you do deserves only respect, but you are not enough you should agree. Recently I see only opened issues on github and no closed ones. The full page cache should be disabled "for good", quoting @datakick, and I trust him. You may be working on the migratory module or the updated module, I don't know, but who is working on everything else?

A good base it is the most important. Correcting core and updater is very important and give stability to the future. But even if I do not agree with @MockoB this time, I can understand his feeling as I was there some months ago (you need to see what is happening in the future). A good thing (and very easy to implement) for the project and the people thinking about joining it (really important), is to have a "visual roadmap". For me, the optimal way is as simple as a direct link (not something inside of Contribute) to a page that shows A detailed roadmap for one year (here you can put expected releases too, features and bug corrections). A not detailed roadmap for the second year. Bellow that section, all the past versions with a simple resume of improvements of each one of them (that shows how much work is on it).

What there is now, is a not so easy to locate roadmap and the main corrections (they did not change in the last year) and future versions that only shows the version number with a description that says "to be announced. For those that are not visiting the forum, it would seem that TB is not moving when the reality is that you are doing a great job lastly. You have done the most difficult, allow everyone to see it. Homepage: if you do not have time to a deep restyling, something as easy as a banner announcing the last release with the date (to show it was something recent) linking to a very simple post blog that includes all the fixes (sure you already have this document). That would show a living-active project @lesley

@Briljander That is so true. Over the past week @Traumflug and I have been talking. What we are trying to do is use the patreon money and some of the other money coming in to hire another developer to help a week or so out of a month at first, then grow that more into full time as the revenue grows. Its likely not the ideal situation for everyone, but we are at a point where neither @Traumflug or I take any money out of the company that it generates. It can pay all of its bills and there is money left over where we can look into hiring someone part time.

• 1 month later...

Hello, can i get some help please with the Mollie Module? I have installed it in my tb 1.0.7 and connected Mollie in the customer account with my Paypal account via API.

But nothing happens in my BO or FO. I can make several settings in the module and everything seems to be ok (except i can not switch on or see the 'payment methods' in the module).

Should the Mollie module appear as a separate payment option in the OnePageCheckout (this is not in my case) ? Are there any other things to do to connect Paypal with Mollie or to make it work ?

thank you guys

@30knees yes, have tested this also, without success. Also it shows no "payment options" (Zahlungsarten in German) in the module (see pic below). Have contacted Mollie and waiting for an answer. Firstly they say i should use this module https://github.com/mollie/thirtybees/releases in v3.1.0

Another question: is there the need to give a path to the "CSS file" in this module ? I have no idea what this should be?

0_1546512720003_mollie_error1.jpg