thirty bees forum

Onepage Check-out like presta 1.7

Webshoptime

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robbie I checked it and it is 4 step checkout process, not much different than the ps current one I believe. For me one page checkout is: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/express-checkout-process/6841-one-page-checkout-for-prestashop.html Unfortunately it could not be implemented because it will break theme compatibility.

The REI checkout process is nice, but what I saw (in the Guest Checkout) doesn't strike me as a "one page checkout". Maybe my concept isn't right but isn't a one page checkout where everything is visible on one page and the customer fills everything out on one page and clicks one button to complete their order?

The REI process was "fill in your name & address, and click continue" after a slight pause this is followed by "choose your shipping method and click continue", which results in another slight pause followed by "confirm your billing address and membership number, and click continue..." etc. It's an AJAX system but it's not all presented on a single page with a single "complete order" button.

@MockoB You are right. I didn't really check it completely. I thought it would be more "fluent" and switch to the other tabs more easily.

@Havouza To be fair, yours could be a lot better. I think right now it is way to difficult for your users to find out what to do exactly. It is an example of a one page that is to complicated imo. Also when filling in my address and afterwards clicking on "pay with your card or PayPal account", it goes to PayPal automatically where I have to repeat all my address information.

That is why in some cases a step checkout is still better. You have to be able to create a one page experience that is very clear and designed pretty well. All the modules for PS are out of the box really bad designed, but with some tweaking they are usable ofcourse.

Shopify has a very good checkout process imo. They also have done numerous of conversion tests and they adapted their current one to this (which is not one page).

• 2 weeks later...

I would mimic Amazon or Shopify if possible. If it has to be done in "steps" then can you make them accordion style? i.e. shows all 5 steps on 1 page but only the first step is open. Then click next and that step closes and step 2 opens. So on and so forth.

It would also be nice if the header would minimize too. I've started seeing this on a lot of websites (amazon, bed bath beyond, etc) where once you are in the check out process, only the logo is shown so that there are no distractions to leave the checkout process.

@ajensen27 said in Onepage Check-out like presta 1.7:

It would also be nice if the header would minimize too. I've started seeing this on a lot of websites (amazon, bed bath beyond, etc) where once you are in the check out process, only the logo is shown so that there are no distractions to leave the checkout process.

Amazon Japan does this now too. Once you're on the checkout page(s) there is no header at all anymore, just the logo in the center. The logo isn't even clickable, it's just there as a reminder of what site you're on. There is some footer text but not a full footer, and the footer text that is there is grayed out to not be distracting.

I mean with regards to the items in the cart. You can change the quantities and delete items from the cart directly on the checkout page, at least in Japan. (You click on that "Qty" list item under the item and you can change quantity or remove.)

As far as the rest goes, that's basically returning to the main site then (search, browse, etc) and avoiding that is the goal of having a simplified checkout screen in the first place.