thirty bees forum

Onepage Check-out like presta 1.7

Webshoptime

To add fuel to the mix, I'm currently working on support for PS 1.7 themes, so one would get this one page checkout, too.

That said, I've heard that the number of checkout steps isn't crucial at all. Conversion rate with 1, 2, 3, ... 6 steps are about equal. It's more important what each of these steps asks for. Asking for date of birth might be more counterproductive than having separated checkout steps. People don't like entering (in their POV) meaningless information.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interesting thing to come from all these discussions is that there's a clear option for custom OPC modules for 30bz and many of us will be willing to buy that from this module store in the knowledge it'll be well supported and will work properly. After all the developers moving from PrestaShop need to make money for their business :)

@Traumflug said in Onepage Check-out like presta 1.7:

I wonder all the time why people ask for a one-page checkout all the time. There is one, right in thirty bees, standard installation. Just enable it in Backoffice -> Preferences -> Orders -> General. Works just nicely.

Is this the same as in PS? Cause this is no real onepage checkout. User have to save address first. But to be honest, I wonder too why so many are screaming for one page checkout.

Our experience shows that people get confused, when they have to fill in too much on a single site. I only like one pages checkout for registered customers with saved addresses.

It's a one-page checkout like in having only a single page. Cart at the top, then addresses, carriers, payment options. Only caveat I can see is that one has indeed to save the address before one can choose a payment option. That's somewhat unavoidable because one can't make a contract (binding prices and processing times) without knowing about the shipping address first. PS 1.7's "one" page checkout suffers the same; the later steps can't be opened before the first two are filled and saved.

• 4 weeks later...

Something to consider for a (one-page) checkout: The address should always be entered before the carrier selector on a one-page checkout.

I've noticed that otherwise the shop gives a "No carriers available" error to guests/non-logged in customers. This is because the shop doesn't know what country the guest/non-logged in customer is. See: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/235/no-carriers-available-error

• 2 months later...

@30knees said in Onepage Check-out like presta 1.7:

Something to consider for a (one-page) checkout: The address should always be entered before the carrier selector on a one-page checkout.

I've noticed that otherwise the shop gives a "No carriers available" error to guests/non-logged in customers. This is because the shop doesn't know what country the guest/non-logged in customer is. See: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/235/no-carriers-available-error

Not only for OPC! You have to consider this already for the cart, no matter if you use opc or not. It is quite easy to handle, just by using global smarty variables. There is absolutely no reason for this (wrong) display "No carriers available". You can avoid this by simply adding a condition if the customer is_logged or not.

My two cents: - Guest checkout has little to no use at least in our case. It only caused confusion, less options better. - Key is to keep checkout page as simple as possible and mobile first. - Checkout coolstuff.com for another shop I think has a great and straight forward approach for the opc. - Gift wrapping is something that was never implemented in a good way in Prestashop. Our shops focus is partially gifts but we had to deactivate the gift wrapping option since it has never been possible to choose gift wrapping per product, only per order which is completely useless. Having a gift wrapping option that actually works at some point would be accomplishing something Prestashop has failed to do for years. - As for the actual registration. Having integrated Google and Facebook login would be a huge plus. Like Airbnb and the other large sites implement it.

• Gift wrapping - totally agree! Never used it.
  • Guest checkout: I'm sorry, but this is a must-have for many shops!
  • OPC of coolstuff.com: nice design, but not even close to comply with European law, German legal requirements in particular.

• 9 months later...

I know that Presteamshop.com developed an OPC modul that supports ThirtyBees:

https://www.presteamshop.com/en/modules-prestashop/one-page-checkout-prestashop.html

Perhaps someone has the ressources to buy, test and comment on it.

I tried it on test environment and it is working fine. Unfortunately without any payment methods, so I can't tell if it's fully working, but I saw in their changelog that someone is using it on actual store, because there was some incompatibility fixed concerning thirty bees. Soon I will buy license for my 1.5 shop because I find it perfect for my needs. After that I will work on thirtybees store and could tell more, but so far I find everything about it perfect.

Hi,

Just to add a contribution, some months ago, I read that: https://medium.com/mockupless/amazon-checkout-redesign-exercise-part-iii-shipping-and-payment-c351d13bbe9d

Just a nice demo "amazon flavor" one page checkout.

Regards.

I checked this https://addons.prestashop.com/en/express-checkout-process/18016-knowband-one-page-checkout-social-login-mailchimp.html one page checkout module. It's GDPR compliant and is compatible with all type of payments and shipping methods as well. It works well with all the Prestashop themes.

It's funny how we (I) hate PS 1.7 but like how it looks. I transformed ours too look like 1.7 and I must say that the conversion has rizen quite a bit. Since this only happend about 20 days ago I can' t tell for sure but it looks like it. What I like about the 1.7 checkout is that the sum of the order is displayed at the side. Other than that I like the OPC checkout better. The main issue I am having with the 1.6/TB checkout it that the user must save his account to see the shipping. The whole checkout is a big discussion and I don't see anything changing before 1.1.xx. As for module like knowband I don't really like it as it is too confusing with too much info

@nickon That's great to hear. I think the checkout is one of the most important elements for conversion and I would love to optimize ours. The default one isn't bad, either, I just can't get it to work. :(

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of how your checkout looks?

I might be in the boat, too, for OPC from Prestashopteam. I had once contacted them (a year ago or so) about compatiblity with TB and AdvancedEU module and they even said 'they' have a shop running in Germany... Before I buy I must have a closer look at a European/German shop with it. It is no must for me at the moment since I am quit happy with Thirtybees 5er checkout :D since I did my best to max. UX and conversions. I see no bis hassle in it at the moment and think that mobile first also works. Anyhow, I am open for anything that could boost conversions since I am a shop owner and runner^^.

@pedalman said in Onepage Check-out like presta 1.7:

I know that Presteamshop.com developed an OPC modul that supports ThirtyBees:

https://www.presteamshop.com/en/modules-prestashop/one-page-checkout-prestashop.html

Perhaps someone has the ressources to buy, test and comment on it.

I use this, on prestashop and thirtybees. I also have used the knowband opc. Thatone has regular issues (for example creditcard payment doesnt work) The OPC of presteamshop is working without any troubles, and their support is extremely fast! I can recomend this module/developer

PS. It doesnt mean that Knowband is bad, they also solve their issues, but Presteamshop is realy responding superfast, and they work till its solved. I only wanted some changes in css and some personal things to be changed. It surprised me how quick they were