thirty bees forum

Can Structured Data Help My SEO?

dprophitjr

It's a known fact that it will :) and my products look nicer in the search results. I have better CTR with products which have review markup for example because they stand out in the results. I see you are SEO expert with developing skills which is great combination. What do you think about AMP are they worth implementing in the store blog for example and is it possible to implement them?

I'm already looking into this. It's just on the backburner. Do realize that not everyone is awarded product snippets just because their theme has the structured tags. The content has to meet Google content guidelines or Bing content guidelines.

EVEN with structured data and reviews your product title and short description might be low with keyword density and semantic entities. ( Organized words with topics an AI already understands ) Like 6' Heliconia Banana Plants See https://www.plantdelights.com/blogs/articles/banana-trees And, I'm pretty sure you will find google trends topics on various botanical names. Golden!

Content is always your bread and butter.

I bought a theme stating it has rich snippets and it didn't ... I used @nemo guide to implement product schema and may be magic to implement it in the default review module :) I don't know how, but I did it and it passes rich snippets testing tool. Just the price snippet has issue with the currency comma-dot separator, but at the moment google doesn't display price tag in my language results so I don't bother about it. It is 1.5 store, I don't know if 1.6 has snippets by default... About keyword density and semantic entities you are completely right but in most cases merchants need to use professional copywrite and SEO services I believe. Looking forward your review about AMP ;)

I think we will soon come up with a module that has the brand new jSON ld format anyway :) That way you won't have to edit the template anymore (aka you will be able to use any ps template and take advantage of thirtybees' features)

• 9 months later...

@generaal, there a bug in json module. It tests whether productcomments module is installed, but it doesn't test if it's also enabled. So either uninstall productcomments completely, or set up json module to use different review module. From the code it seems like this should be part of configuration....