Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

AndyC

SEO Module

Can I ask everyone their thoughts on SEO modules and if they really do work as at the moment I don't seem to have any Meta details for my products .. Or is it better to do them all yourself I found this 1 (just remove the space if needed) codecanyon .net/item/prestashop-seo-manager/4662419?WT.ac=categoryitem&WT.zauthor=Onasusweb As when I check this is what is returned.. Even if it is a quick fix till I can do them manually 0_1543347624133_Capture.JPG

I don't have any experience with this specific module but generally it is best to do them yourself. Google does scrape this data itself from your page if none is provided.

I wouldn't personally spend money on such modules. Also, that module has not been updated since 2016.

Is there specific functionality here you like?

No not really, Just didn't have all the other stuff that most other have like friendly url's which are already done here

@andyc I have that module and it's actually pretty good. I have experienced some troubles with the cron jobs but otherwise it works fine and I like the features.

The downside with it is that Onasusweb really suck. They tell people all the time that there will be an update soon but it's been over 2 years since last update. They are also not very responsive to emails.

I do see that , been reading reviews etc and it does put me off . My choosing that was also down to cost as I only want it for a temporary solution as my next site has over 1200 products and this 1 was trying to get it going before xmas , but even a module is probably to late now

if you want to change the length

example: for description -> modules / seoupdater / seoupdater.php -> search /* Update product meta_description */

$sql .= ', `meta_description` = \''.pSQL(substr($product['description'], 0, 205)).'\' '; elseif (Configuration::get('SU_META_DESCRIPTION_PRODUCT_TYPE') == 0) $sql .= ', `meta_description` = \''.pSQL(substr($product['description_short'], 0, 205)).'\' '; else

change 205 to your wish characters 215,250,340 or another number

Thanks ... I'll try this on the weekend when I have time to spend on it in-case something goes wrong