PHP 7.2 is it compatible yet?

• I have a website on a crappy host that has just forced a PHP update on all servers to v 7.2
    I was running Prestashop 1.6.1.23 on there on 7.1 previously

Now site not working - having been unable to upgrade successfully to Prestashop v 1.7.4.4 as that screwed up the modules access I’m wondering if I can migrate to thirtybees on php7.2?

Thanks
    Baz

• Yes, things should work with 7.2, you might get some notices, but the functionality should work.

• The only module I have tried that does not currently work with 7.2 is the paypal module

• That is being worked on this week to fix some bugs and bring it up to working with 7.2

• @lesley said in PHP 7.2 is it compatible yet?:

Yes, things should work with 7.2

I recently copied our shop to a testing sub-domain on an old personal domain and switched it to 7.2. Everything seemed to be fine until I went to Preferences | CMS in the back office and got a blank page. Network analysis showed it was an internal server error, so I looked in the server’s error logs and found this:

my-test.example.com [Wed Nov 28 12:27:13 2018] [error] [client 51.6.132.102:0] PHP Fatal error: Declaration of AdminCmsController::viewAccess() must be compatible with AdminControllerCore::viewAccess($disable = false) in /home/sites/3a/d/deb19db997/public_html/my-test/modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/AdminCmsContent.php on line 3

Switching back to 7.1 fixed it.

To be honest this could very well be a PHP configuration issue as this old domain is running a very restricted version of cPanel that exposes only minimal PHP settings – I can’t even specify which extensions are enabled. I dare say I could overwrite it somehow, but given that 7.1 works I’ll probably just stick with that. I just thought I’d let you know in case it’s a bug you were unaware of.

• @angstony_2 said in PHP 7.2 is it compatible yet?:

@lesley said in PHP 7.2 is it compatible yet?:

Yes, things should work with 7.2

I recently copied our shop to a testing sub-domain on an old personal domain and switched it to 7.2. Everything seemed to be fine until I went to Preferences | CMS in the back office and got a blank page.

Running TB 1.07 on top of Ubunu 18.04 with PHP 7.2 and I didn’t get the problem with black page on Preferences > CMS in the back office.

What is the exact problems with the Paypal module and PHP 7.2?
    I just went through the shopping cart process and it appears to be working ok and have been getting orders so it is obviously not bothering my customers either. Please advise if there is anything i need to be worrying about running the Paypal module with PHP7.2

• @angstony_2 That’s clearly a problem with the homesliderpro module, nothing to do with TB’s core.

• @gonssal Ah you’re right, thanks! I have !Sliders Everywhere! installed and that’s it’s underlying name, which I’d forgotten. I thought the error message was referring to the default theme’s homeslider and I hadn’t noticed the ‘pro’ part. That said, the problem did manifest on the CMS config page and the error message also mentions the CMS controller twice, so I wouldn’t say it’s that clear… well, not to a novice like me who has no idea how to interpret the error message anyway. 🙂

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.