thirty bees forum

Help me choose a replacement theme for PS1.6.1.23 (soon to be TB)

motion2082

Hey guys,

The theme we're using on our site is over three years old now and it's terrible. We want to upgrade to a new theme and have narrowed it down to these three

Transformer = https://www.sunnytoo.com/product/transformer-prestashop-theme-premium-responsive

Panda = https://www.sunnytoo.com/product/panda-creative-responsive-prestashop-theme

Warehouse = https://themeforest.net/item/warehouse-responsive-prestashop-16-theme-blog/3178575

Based on your experiences with any of these themes which one is the most user friendly to work with and customise?

Regards, Motion

I use warehouse currently and it works very well. Based on what I see, Panda has very similar functionality (Which is why I haven't changed) plus a few extras and a developer that's still improving it. The warehouse developer is just maintaining at this point. There hasn't been any improvement in quite some time.

I'd love to see someone create a bit more modern theme for all though as both have some dated components.

@motion2082 for what I understand, Panda is an evolution of transformer. Even if "warehouse" is used by some developers not having official support is a big "but". Something great of jonny with Panda theme is that he ALWAYS answer the question in 24h. Always trying to solve the problems.

Have no problems with warehouse but I only use it because I've used it essentially since it came out. Works perfectly with TB and the developer is a nice guy but as other people have said, he's working solely on PS 1.7 now.

Since he's not updating it anymore for our implementation, I cannot recommend it, but it does work well at the moment.

I'd imagine out of these 3 options you would want to go with Panda.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Purchased the Panda Theme last week. Not a huge fan. Everything is broken up into individual modules. My existing modules don't work on the theme. Kinda useless theme tbh. Trying to get a refund now as I keep getting 404's and 500's on the server. 

Thought I would report my feedback to the thread. 

1 hour ago, motion2082 said:

Hey guys,

Purchased the Panda Theme last week. Not a huge fan. Everything is broken up into individual modules. My existing modules don't work on the theme. Kinda useless theme tbh. Trying to get a refund now as I keep getting 404's and 500's on the server. 

Thought I would report my feedback to the thread. 

I am surprised about this feedback. But thx anyway. Themes come often with their own modules. In general I would let the theme dev look at the errors. Maybe there is just a missing file or so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

I am surprised about this feedback. But thx anyway. Themes come often with their own modules. In general I would let the theme dev look at the errors. Maybe there is just a missing file or so.

It's strange too. Maybe he expected another thing, but is like you say: each theme come with their own modules, so if he's trying to make work other modules, obviously need adjustment. The thing is to move from the last theme to the new theme all the content.

Maybe can share an example, @motion2082 so we can help?

3 minutes ago, danwarrior said:

It's strange too. Maybe he expected another thing, but is like you say: each theme come with their own modules, so if he's trying to make work other modules, obviously need adjustment. The thing is to move from the last theme to the new theme all the content.

Maybe can share an example, @motion2082 so we can help?

Didn't realise Panda came with it's own modules. We already have 85% of what the theme offers. I actually think we would be better using the default bootstrap theme with a custom menu module and call it a day. 

The developer refunded the theme as it's going be too much work to switch

• Like 1

Yeah.

Everybody has its own needs and taste. And it all depends on shop and products that are offered.

I'm stil on PS, but will start modifying tb default to my needs, so it will end like my current default bootstrap PS theme.
But can't use it on TB as it crashes TB once installed, as i modified much of it, because i wanted good mobile view from 360px and up.

And after I'm done, than i will start migrating.

shop.alza-racing.com for live preview