thirty bees forum

CSV product import - Error copying image

hedgehog

Question

Hello there. During product importing, TB says "Error copying image", and all imported products don't have any images, while everything worked well on PS (same product tables and server). Server logs show no relevant errors, admin panel logs shown 0x 0 error during import. Tried tweaking image setting, fresh installs, different domain names, no success

@datakick 4096mb memory limit, 6gb available on VPS. I've tried both large xlsx files (8k products) as well as small tables (10 producs), and everything worked well with ~2-4k product tables with the same products/pics on prestashop, on the same hosting

@datakick Thanks, that seem like a good fix to the issue. However, there are still some problems - i have to manually regenerate thumbnails (but that's not a big problem anyway, no really need to fix), and most importantly - if there are multiple images in the table (pic1.jpg, pic2.jpg, pic3.jpg) none of them are added, same error. Only cells with one image are added correctly. I've tried both img, img, img and img,img,img But anyway, thanks alot, the tools at least works partially now

@datakick oh well i dont know, since im uploading xlsx not csv. During import it says "Error copying image: https://media.domain.org/sysmaster/product/hbd/h5f/8820243791902.jpg,https://media.domain.org/sysmaster/product/h92/h13/8820244447262.jpg" so that probably means that all images are recognized within the same cell as they should, and aren't separated to different cells. By the way, there is no option to choose separator if i upload xlsx, only if i upload csv

@datakick If i place space after comma, it says "Error copying image: https://media.domain.org/sysmaster/product/hbd/h5f/8820243791902.jpg,%20https://media.domain.org/sysmaster/product/h92/h13/8820244447262.jpg" maybe it something with spaces being converted to %20

@datakick Wow, that's worked! Thanks alot, you sir are a prestashop wizard. Just imported 3k+ of products, regenerated thumbnails, and everything is good. I was confused since tb says that the format is "Image URLs (x,y,z...)" rather than "Image URLs (x; y; z...)", and commas were fine with PS

@traumflug said in CSV product import - Error copying image:

Where is this message which confused you?

alt text Here, on the right side of the screen ("Available fields") when you choose "products" on "What do you want to import?" list. Also, @traumflug said in CSV product import - Error copying image:

Whether , or ; gets used inside fields is configurable.

It is configurable only if you upload CSV, but it's not the case for xlsx

On 12/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, datakick said:

@hedgehog that's definitely enough memory. So the culprit must be somewhere else. Could you please try to modify this line in classes/Tools.php and change it to look like this:

'verify' => _PS_TOOL_DIR_.'cacert.pem',

This solved my problem 😄

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, datakick said:

@hedgehog that's definitely enough memory. So the culprit must be somewhere else. Could you please try to modify this line in classes/Tools.php and change it to look like this:

Same problem here, solved with @datakick answer, thanks !!

On 12/20/2018 at 2:34 AM, datakick said:

When you update tb the line above reverts to the original and the import fails.  You have to go back and modify it again.