Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

cprats

Urgent help: PayPal module doesn't work for some customers

Hello,

I have a bizarre problem: a customer is trying to pay for an order and PayPal module returns him an error message: 'An error has occurred' with no more info.

I try to place a trial order and I can access to PayPal payment with no problem.

Can anyone please try to place an order in colectalia.com ?

I just need to know if PayPal module leads to PayPal site from your end, you don't need to finish the order (click 'return to Colectalia' to cancel where you are in PayPal's interface).

Thanks in advance.

It worked great, thank-you!

The customer could pay for the order with no problem.

Great, I think this has been tested well enough, I just committed it, we will release a build soon that includes it. 

• Like 2

So this means there will be a new or updated  Paypal module in the next time ?    Would be great... maybe you know about the big troubles with this. 

Yeah, there will be one soon. I am familiar with the issues, that is why I have been testing a fix out to make sure it will work for the widest group of shops. 

• Like 2

The updated module has been released, it should be in your module feed in your back office now. It has the fix I sent over today. 

Hi Lesley,

When I've updated the PayPal module all the back office crashed. I can't regain access to back end. I even can't decrypt the Error 500 message.

Update:

Front office is crashed too: when you click "Proceed to ckeckout button" in the shopping cart, another Error 500 appears.

Can you pm me access? Or do you want me to explain how to roll back the module? 

Hey, you might be able to fix this one, ftp into the module and replace the contents of the paypal.php file in the module with this, (removed wrong link)

Last minute commit had some hidden characters in it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, datakick said:

@cprats pm me your ftp access, I'll check this for you

Thanks @datakick, Lesley has already fixed it. Now the problem is solved and all works fine.

• Like 1