Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

toplakd

3 page checkout (sort of) for Community-Default-Theme

Yes, thats it. I never thought about that option!

I activated but seems to be incomplete (country, adress...?):

image.thumb.png.e5f8e261c92ffb939532e3b1ed2c9ffb.png

Could be derived from the steps modification?

Only asking ,are your localization/countries addresses filled out properly

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:39 PM, AndyC said:

Only asking ,are your localization/countries addresses filled out properly

What do you mean? Could you be more precise? I mean, with standard registration all works well and i can fill everything. With this option i do not why it shows less fields to complete so adress is not complete. Could be that the modifications affect to show the fields in this step?

Posted (edited)

Does it look like my example

Capturde.JPG

Edited by AndyC

@AndyC Thanks, that section was not the problem but I just solve it.

In case it happens to anyone, My store is multistore, and I am using a one page checkout. Well, this one page checkout was interfering with the css code. It did not interfere when the adresse creation was in a second step, but it did with the standard creation+adresse page.

Solved it!

image.png

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, toplakd said:

But I can send you my modded community theme for testing, which is more mobile friendly.

Hello @toplakd. First of all thanks for this mod, it's really more clean and nice to see less steps. I'm just trying it in a backup installation and it works perfect.

I just notice that you hid the order-steps bar when we are in shipping. I found it weird, so I uncommented:

<!-- 
ALZA Removing order steps from carrierer template for 3 page checkout
    {include file="$tpl_dir./order-steps.tpl"}
-->

And changed the name of that step to:

{l s='Address & shipping'}

in order-steps.tpl

I'm trying to make it more mobile friendly, and liked your screenshots, could you send me your community theme mod, please? I'm using Niara, but can compare and try to adapt it.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

There is no Shipping step, as its part of Address step, so disabled showing steps under carrier, as carrier template is called from address template.

Edited by toplakd

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, toplakd said:

There is no Shipping step, as its part of Address step, so disabled showing steps under carrier, as carrier template is called from address template.

Oh, I realized how it's supposed to be, as seen in your first post image. Something is wrong here, as in Address it's not appearing the carriers below, and I can press 'next', it goes to the old carriers page (without step number in URL) . Let me investigate more.

EDIT: cache issues.... after reading in you where is included carrier in order-address i went to that file, write something and save... and now it takes the changes.  excelent.

Thanks for the link!!

Edited by Wartin
i found my problem

On 4/5/2020 at 7:24 PM, AndyC said:

Quick question ..Was looking on mobile and the terms conditions tick box was tiny

Hello.

Here in Niara the checkbox doesn't appear.

1137732507_Capturadepantalla-2020-06-2120-05-26.png.293a6c9312388f86d0a4938c74d3fa84.png

I compared the original order-carrier.tpl and it has a <span> around the terms and conditions phrase, like this

<span class="label-text">
                {l s='I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}
                </span>

Now the checkbox appears. I attach my complete file, themes/niara/order-carrier.tpl, with this change (line 354)

order-carrier.tpl

Posted (edited)

I had troubles with js in second step. If I press 'Read terms and conditions' link the modal didn't appear, but loaded in a new page. It didn't check if terms and conditions was checked and loaded step 3 if it wasn't.

I saw you added functions from order-carrier.js to order-address.js, but for some reason didn't work in my almost ready shop (but yes in another brand new TB). So I added this to the override (override/controllers/front/OrderController.php), maybe could be used only this and not the js addition to order-address.

public function setMedia()
    {
        parent::setMedia();
        if ($this->step == 1) {
            $this->addJS(_THEME_JS_DIR_.'order-carrier.js');
        }
    }

Edited by Wartin

One more :)

I had to change some things to make it work well. I'll send my files, maybe it's useful.

1) In Niara, as I said above, checkboxes didn't appear. Just after radio buttons there is always a <span> tag, unlike Community. If it's not there, the radio button is not shown. this is true in 'Accept terms', select delivery address and in carrier selection.

2) Instead of adding all the functions from order-carrier.js to order-address.js, I added those two files to the override
override/controllers/front/OrderController.php

public function setMedia()
    {
        parent::setMedia();
        if ($this->step == 1) {
            $this->addJS(_THEME_JS_DIR_.'order-address.js');
            $this->addJS(_THEME_JS_DIR_.'order-carrier.js');
        }
    }

3) In Step 2, I had an error in js console with updateExtraCarrier (did't find it, as it's in cart-summary.js). I added that function at the end of order-carrier.js.

It's really cleaner to have 3 steps, maybe these changes are useful for somebody using Niara. If you find something wrong, please tell me. To use it, just like parents', make backup of your files and uncompress the .zip file in your shops' /

3step-niara.zip

• Like 1