New Theme for ThirtyBee, please TEST and Bug Report !

• Hello,

I noticed that the community-theme packed on the 1.0.1 TB rlz needed a bit of lifting, so I did few modifications and I wish you will like it :

http://demo.zengraph.com/

Please test it as much as possible, and report design problems, bugs for Css or JS
    I’ll try to fix them and maybe pack this theme with the next TB rlz for the Community.

0_1494933589151_screen-shot.jpeg

• administrators

Thank you very much for sharing this with us! I’m def. going to watch this theme :)

• Hello Zen, nice theme, good results in Google PageSpeed Insights and GTmetrix

You can try this trick in header.tpl (head section) for async CSS:

<link href="{$css_uri}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="bogus" onload="if(media!='all')media='all'"/>

and

<link href="{$css_uri}" rel="stylesheet" />

Can you upload a link to a test version?

• administrators

Thanks for that. I am working on uploading this theme to the 1.1.x branch, so it becomes part of thirty bees. I’m having some difficulties, though, so it might take longer.

When that is done you can easily test locally with the Vagrantfile I made yesterday. If you have VirtualBox and Vagrant on your machine, you can change version to 1.1.x (see fine-tuning) and test the new theme in a virtual machine: https://github.com/thirtybees/vagrant

• How big are the changes going to be with the 1.1.x branch? I’m quite tied to the API in the 1.0.x branch (from PS 1.6.1.x) and major changes in the API structure would be difficult to adapt to quickly.

• administrators

major changes in the API structure would be difficult to adapt to quickly.

That is not going to happen. We have reserved 1.1 to divide the API in smaller chunks, but still provide the same layer, apply bug fixes that might cause breaking changes and add backwards compatible features.

• Okay. Well, API testing is certainly something I can help with when the time comes.

• administrators

API testing? Can you write unit/integration tests?

• administrators

Because that is how we are likely going to protect API compatibility.

• Not specifically, no, but I can certainly do testing in that I can test sections of the API with code known to work with the current API and then monitor what happens at the database level.

• However if you let me know what sort of testing you need done I may be able to do it. Currently I use PrestaSharp to communicate with the API so the XML is very consistent.

• Global Moderator

thirty bees comes with a testsuite. This runs tests up to emulating a user doing a purchase by clicking through the shop. Here’s some documentation about how to run this:

https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/issues/23#issuecomment-290987454

• Global Moderator

Is this theme going to be added on github?

• I am getting completely ZEN :)

• administrators

@dprophitjr Yes, working on the commits. Thing is, we have received a copy of a running instance, so we have to dismantle the thing first and then upload it to GitHub, piece by piece.

• Hello again, I understand that mdekker has MANY things to do, so i’ll try to take time to make the new theme on github properly and with a proper Sass source.

Now I do have one question on the community theme : there is the sass directory and 2 css directories /stylesheets/ and /css/, what is /stylesheets/ supposed to do ? what is his purpose ?

• administrators

Thank you very much!

I indeed didn’t succeed in porting the CSS back to SASS, so thank you for trying it yourself.

The stylesheets directory isn’t supposed to be there. I think it has accidentally been built with compass instead of the gulpfile.

• @zen Has this been done yet? Is the theme ready to use? I’m keen to use it when I migrate to thirty bees next month.

• @spidawebs The theme is done… but not integrated in 1.1 branch, many changes have been done since that, and optimization from 1.0.x need to be integrated too.

If you want I can give you theme archive so you can use it already on 1.0.2 rlz, this will not include Sass source, if that doesn’t bother you.

• @zen Yes, that would be great, thanks. I don’t need Sass source

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.