thirty bees forum

Best import module

Havouza

Hi

After transferring the shop and upgrading to latest version we cant get our import module to import exel sheets anymore. Googled for solutions but nothing help. It is some problem with simpleXml parser in php 7.2it seems

So what is the best import plugin for xml or csv?

I recommend PrestaShopManager for import.

Last week I imported from the old store over 1500 products from the prepared *.xls file (*.csv, *.txt are also supported). In addition over 800MB of product images. Import (VPS Windows 10 IoT->VPS Linux) lasted just over 15 minutes.

Unfortunately, this program also has disadvantages, it doesn't support the bottom underline in the product and category urls (like "best_men_shoes_for_summer"). For me, when moving the old store to TB, it was very important for SEO.

Of course you can import a csv file with a bottom underline into PhpMyAdmin and run an update SQL query .

Edited by Adik

What language is a problem?
We have used BA importer without any problem but when I moved the shop to a new server it stopped working. All reguirement are OK but I get a xml parser error. If it is a module problem or a TB problem I dont know

Easy to use for all I need to do in TB is: " StoreCommander "

They do not explictitly support TB at the moment but I use it since half a decade and with TB since 2 years and never had an issue. Support is fast. You find on their webpage a documentation about CSV im/export.

You can buy software for a year and do not have to extend subscription. It is pretty solid and does not need constant upadates. Storecommander next to Datakick and Prestatools should speed up article maintanance enourmously.

On my opinion, I would not recommand too much the software Store Commander for many reasons I rather use "prestashop manager" wich work good with TB, certified.

I have a long relationship with SC, his founder and the Support.. so I speak by experience, but everybody is free to decide whatever he wants for his buisness tools.

Anyway, for products import I always use the standart csv native import tool, if you have problems on your php version, why not import them on a local computer or another platform for that it's fresh shop installed and working for XML parsing.. you'll always be able to inject them on database afterward or just copy the database from the dev version filled with new products, that is solution without using a software or payed service.

11 hours ago, Havouza said:

The latest version of BA importer works flawless. Just have to keep away from TB 1.0.8 or developer version, at least for now. For our needsits perfect and resonable priced

Which version are they at at the moment?  Sorry to hear it still does not work with the dev version. 😞

On 5/6/2019 at 10:03 AM, FooLab said:

I'm using GetDataKick to import XML. And now that I learned it I like it.

It helps also to do some mass updates, and exports too.

The dev is active here (@datakick) and he gives great support.

@datakick - your module says it will work with CSV files soon. Can you say when? Looking to import stock levels and prices only (in thirtybees and prestashop) and another prestashop instance that would also have lots of combinations

Edited by haylau
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:20 PM, haylau said:

@datakick - your module says it will work with CSV files soon. Can you say when? Looking to import stock levels and prices only (in thirtybees and prestashop) and another prestashop instance that would also have lots of combinations

CSV import functionality was put on hold for the time being. Unfortunately it's too much effort for (>2week of work) for little reward, as most merchants are quite happy with build-in csv import.

• 1 month later...

SC is its money more than worth! You can trust me. But TB is officially not supported.

This morning I was in contact with there support. Which is great btw too. But first question. "Mr. Boris are still running TB?" ....

This question is related to the way how SC handles image import. You can greatly utilize SC for this, too. But I still do not know if it makes use of PS/TB imagecontroller or uses its own, which it has.

Question is if you are forced to use SC's controller or if you an set it off an bipass it so you can use modules like Wepb and Kraken.io or ImageMagick.

Else, I can tell you: Buy the module. It is its money really worth.

Boris

• Like 1