What is going with the Paypal module? EU, USA modules?

• I did not test Bees Paypal module, but I have noticed on Prestashop that there are 2 or 3 modules.

One for EU, 2nd for USA, Canada, why it happen?

Is it the same for Bees module?

Any solution?
    At the moment I use old Paypal module.

• administrators

The thirty bees module is a worldwide version. You can use it as long as you want to use Website Payments Standards, Website Payments Plus and Express checkout. We are working on PayPal Payments Pro and Payflow Pro.

Legacy methods such as Hosted Payment Solutions, PayPal Payments Advanced and Payflow Link will not return. PayPal wants to discontinue these services and replace some of those with the other solutions they provide or with Braintree.

• Website Payments Plus - what is that?
    I wanted to google it but there is no info.

only info about Paypal Pro.

"Legacy methods such as Hosted Payment Solutions, PayPal Payments Advanced and Payflow Link will not return. PayPal wants to discontinue these services and replace some of those with the other solutions they provide or with Braintree."
    Is there any link to read more about it?

• administrators

• I have some improvements to paypal. Where I can put my experiences?

I have noticed that very often Paypal block payments by card (debit, credit).
    It is not blocked by limits on customer side (eg. daily limits) but only by Paypal.

I have got info from Paypal that they block a payment when customer is using multiple times payment by card and don’t want to open a paypal account.

I am talking about situation where cust have only card, not a Paypal account and connected a card there.

I did not test Bees module but on Prestashop there was a poor error handling.
    No info to customer what he should do next, e.g try again or use other payment method.

Sometimes on Paypal when customer have two cards 1 expired and 2nd new, Paypal use 1st card and there is an error, when customer use it 2nd time (second try to purchase) the payment will be OK.

I have tested it many times.

I can provide you more info error codes if you want to implement it.

• Paypal became a big problem in Canada lately. I can share what I learned so far…

1. The REST API is NOT supported in Canada for credit card validation.
    2. Paypal website payment Pro has been deprecated, meaning you can NO LONGER create API signatures for that in your Paypal account.
    3. The Paypal website payment Pro signatures that were already created and working can still be used (thankfully).
    4. I only found 1 TB’s compatible Paypal module that work for on-site credit card validation in Canada at the moment and it is PayPal Pro v1.4.3 - by Presto-Changeo.
    5. I could configure and make it work properly using my old API signature that I am currently using on my old website. There is NO WAY to get them anymore in your Paypal account so if you did not save these infos somewhere, you are lost.

Website payment Pro has been deprecated and replaced by Paypal payment Pro (I’m so lost with these different names they are using) and I don’t even know if there are any Canada-compatible modules that supports that already.

This is all I know for now, will stick with PayPal Pro v1.4.3 - by Presto-Changeo as long as possible until it fails… and by then I really hope there will be a usable solution for Canada.

• administrators

I think they want to move you to Braintree. It is really really hard to even find documentation nowadays.

• administrators

But I can’t find any info on Payments Pro being deprecated tbh.

• @mdekker said in What is going with the Paypal module? EU, USA modules?:

But I can’t find any info on Payments Pro being deprecated tbh.

Look again ;-) --> https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/#website-payments-pro

Note: Website Payments Pro is deprecated and has been replaced by PayPal Payments Pro. Website Payments Pro is still supported for existing merchants.

• administrators

Ahh everything NVP/SOAP is. I could have known…

• administrators

That really means no future for those anymore. PayPal must have an alternative then.

That really means no future for those anymore. PayPal must have an alternative then.

That’s what I am trying to find out since the REST API is NOT supported in Canada…

The old API still works for now… but for how long ?

• administrators

Where does it say that the REST API is not supported? Do you have some info?

• administrators

I see that Canadian Dollars can be accepted via the REST API. It would be strange not to connect Canadians with the REST API.

I see that Canadian Dollars can be accepted via the REST API. It would be strange not to connect Canadians with the REST API.

I will dig it, I have read it somewhere in the docs… they wont accept direct credit card payments using the REST API in Canada.

Direct Credit Card Payments

For direct credit card payments, PayPal accepts buyer credit cards issued in any country. However, the >merchant must have a Pro UK merchant account with PayPal to process PayPal REST API direct credit card >payments. This is the only supported merchant account for REST API direct credit card payments at this >time. UK Pro merchants can refer to supported currencies for details.

I have read something more explicit… will post back.

• administrators

Yeah, here’s the availability page: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/howto_product_matrix/

But I don’t see any non-deprecated ways to accept direct credit card payments either. I think that it is all being moved to Braintree. Can you get the same deal with Braintree? You can use that service with your PayPal account.

• Will have to check Braintree in details, never looked at it.

My finance dept wanted to stay with Paypal since they are already used to it. I wanted to stay with them for simplicity… but it is anything but simple these days, even Paypal docs are contradictory.

• administrators

My finance dept wanted to stay with Paypal since they are already used to it

Do they have to use PayPal’s systems or are they just used to using PayPal?

Hmmz, even the Braintree pages have been removed from the PayPal docs and now refer to Braintrees’ site. I really think they want you to move and might be shutting down the old services somewhere in the future.

• Important: Website Payments Pro has been replaced in the US and Canada by PayPal Payments Pro. >Website Payments Pro is still supported for new merchants in the UK and for previously integrated >merchants in the US and Canada. For PayPal Payments Pro integration information, see the PayPal >Payments Pro / Payflow documentation.

I’m not sure what the difference is… they barely changed the name, it’s hard to understand.

• Do they have to use PayPal’s systems or are they just used to using PayPal?

Just used to using it, they don’t like change ;-)

I wanted to go with our debit card processor (Moneris) at first but there is only one module for Prestashop and wanted to go with a more widespread technology (Paypal). Thinking about future support here, I don’t want to write a full module all my myself…

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.