Currency format

• I cannot set the currency format. I want comma as decimal separator.

• administrators

Hi BeeSide,

The currency format is now automatically adapted to the visitors locale (language + country). This, because e.g. the euro can be displayed in several ways in the euro countries.

Is there a reason why you want to change the decimal separator in your locale?

• I added the Danish language and now it works.

Only thing is I prefer to prefix the ISO code. I.e. “DKK 123,45” instead of “123,45 DKK”.

• Hum, I’m facing this same issue after migrating from prestashop to thirtybees.

I recognize that it may be helpful to automatically set the currency format based on the customer’s location as in your example of the euro zones but, sometimes this will not be the case.

Wouldn’t it be better to let the user decide if this will be set automatically or manually, just as the other language/zone related parameters?

• I agree with moy2010 on this one. I really miss the manual format and spacing options!
    Maybe you could add the option to format currencies in the country settings? This would make it possible to keep different formatting of e.g. the euro depending on user locale while still having maximum control as webshop owner/administrator.

• It does seem like having an easy way for customers site owners to determine the currency format for each country would be a nice touch. Even though a given country may have an “official standard” for currency format it’s quite possible that multiple standards are used in practice and/or depending on the region of the country.

Edit: As noted. No idea what I was thinking.

• administrators

Thank you all for sharing your concerns. We are going to find a way to improve currency display.

The format depends on the locale (so both country + language). We thought that CLDR would be perfect for this since it has all the combos. Perhaps using that as a basis, but allowing for an override per language/country combo might be a better idea?

• @mdekker said in Currency format:

The format depends on the locale (so both country + language). We thought that CLDR would be perfect for this since it has all the combos. Perhaps using that as a basis, but allowing for an override per language/country combo might be a better idea?

This sounds perfect to me.

• Indeed. The simpler, the better.

Most users will value the simplicity of the settings but, leaving open the option to customize it for the rest of us :).

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.