thirty bees forum

Installation Assistant compatibility check, nothing listed

mikemania

Question

7 answers to this question

We had quite a number of cases where uploaded distribution files turned out to be incomplete. So, a first step would be to upload all of them again to find out whether things work better then.

If this still doesn't help, I'd appreciate getting access to your webhosting, so I can try myself. Such errors are very rare, don't want to miss the opportunity to catch it.

Traumflug is going to look into my server space, but if you want a separate account i will refund you the first year's £30 for the cheapest shared hosting on xilo.net

Their help desk writes "Does the install script rely on using phpinfo for server information by any chance as we block this on the servers for security.

Please let us know if that isn't the case and we can certainly look in to this further for you."

best
John

Reason found: Xilo.net, the server company write

...allow_url_fopen is blocked for security.
At the moment, there is no way around this but with a few changes we're making internally on the servers, we hope this may be possible in the next coming weeks.

TB 1.07 installs & core updater module updates
TB 1.08 has an error message on a yellow stripe with a red cross after it,

• Required PHP parameters
  • PHP's 'allow_url_fopen' enabled: fail

TB 1.1 has no error message with a chance of red-herring searches if an optional error shows instead, as on this thread

Edited by veganline
& core updater module updates

Did you try to edit php.ini, like I described in an email to you?

No idea which kind of "security issue" they have in mind, it's just a shortcut for more complex web requests. One can easily write code doing the same without this feature enabled, and most of thirty bees' code already does. thirty bees 1.0.7 doesn't test for it on installation, still uses it in a few places.

Yes, I tried allow_url_fopen = On in the php.ini file among all the other likely things and then turned it off again before asking for help!

The 1.07 installer worked, and the core update module then updated to 1.1, so all OK.
My xilo.net server is the odd bit. It's very fast and cheap but I had to install a database for another program via an app installer - Installatron - before the TB1.07 installer recognized it.

Edited by veganline
  • Like 1