thirty bees forum

Out Of Stock

AndyC

Hi

I have just noticed all my products are giving my out of stock notice on home page categories etc... I have disabled all stock as it is not required by me.. Is tehre any way I can get them to say 1 to 2 days rather than 1 to 2 weeks ... Or will I have to enable stock control again

tia

Oh sorry that 1 ,yes I do ... In stock is 1 - 2 days out of stock 1 -2 weeks

Half way though setting up products I changed it so I did n't have to keep entering an amount .. So from then on it shows 1 - 2 weeks all the others are 1 - 2 days that were done with a amount

12 minutes ago, Brent Dacus said:

every thing shows in stock for me.. here https://www.pewterjewellery.co.uk

Can you send us a link to maybe one not working?

Great work BTW.  are you crafting those items

Sadly no, I'm selling on behalf of a guy in Cornwall , so no real competition on that site.

It's my new site I've been building over the past 3 months www.pewterworld.co.uk/PwTb ..

Hi

Pewter Jewellery is 1 store on it's own ..It's also located on a different host

The original store is a zencart store ...I've built the TB site on Pewter World with /PwTb .. If I were to enable stock control it would more than likely go back to being correct

mmm no difference ... But I have just had a thought ... How does the system know if the stock is out of date if there is no stock to be out of date .It should either be all out of date or all in stock .. Maybe by swapping half way though I have just confused the database .... and it doesn't know what to do ... Does that make sense

The manual is best sometimes...  see Bolded

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Presenting+the+Stock+Management+Interface

These levels are:

• No stock management: there is no product quantity, PrestaShop assumes that a product's stock is infinite. Use this if you only sell virtual products (files, services, etc.).
  • Simple stock management: for every product you sell, you can indicate the currently available quantity (including product combinations). Use this if you have few products or a simple storing location.
  • Advanced stock management: for every product you sell (and its combinations), you can indicate where the available quantity is located in an unlimited number of warehouses (with varying carriers and valuation methods). You can also see your stock movements, the current status of your stock, you stock coverage, and you can place an order to your product suppliers.

These screens are:

• Preferences > Products > Products stock: this is where you enable the feature.
    • Enable stock management. This option gives you access to basic stock management options and features: you can set the current quantity of product, and have PrestaShop lower it for each order, and "re-stock" for each canceled or returned order. By default you should leave this feature enabled, as disabling it affects the entire inventory management of your shop. Only if you do not have any physical inventory should you disable it – for instance, if you only have virtual products.
    • Enable advanced stock management. Another little option which has major implications: it adds a new menu called "Stocks", which makes it possible to manage very precisely your stock, on a per-warehouse basis if necessary. You can see all the details about your stock: movement, coverage, re-stocking orders, etc. You can read more about PrestaShop's advanced stock management feature in the "Managing Stock" chapter of this guide.
    • New products use advanced stock management. If enabled, new products will automatically use the advanced stock management feature. The default warehouse is the one indicated in the next option.
    • Default warehouse on new products. If new products use the advanced stock management feature, you have to indicate their default warehouse here.

ean i dont know - have you used my example?
change it a little bit

example one

<p id="product_ean13">
<label>EAN: </label> <br />
<span content="5055685512015">5055685512015</span>
<meta itemprop="gtin13" content="5055685512015" /></p>

delete <br />