Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Factor

Add Custom Pages

Question

All:

I looked around and can't find anything.  I want to add pages to the site.  I found the cms part.  I can create a page there.  How can I transplant modules on to this new page.  Do I need to put it on SEO and urls as well?

Example I want to duplicate the Manufacturers page and only show some items they sell.

How best to do this?

8 answers to this question

I believe there is no easy solution for this. You could code a new FrontController.

As this is kind of normal idea, it should be easier IMHO. Thats why I am a big fan of the shortcode idea. I am not sure, if there is a good shortcode module available (I use my own stuff). 

14 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

You could code a new FrontController.

Teach me and I will.  Any visual recommendations on learning or courses.  Keep in mind I am old...  I actually know where DOS came from and what DCL is..LOL

normal idea

Right it needs to be like widgets.  Create page > transplate module AKA widget > add custom content = new page.

I use my own stuff

your picture shows a sharing kind of guy... 🙂

1 hour ago, Factor said:

your picture shows a sharing kind of guy...

Right now I can not share this, cause my shortcode stuff is inbuilt in my blog module (which is a paid one). 

What do you wanna achieve exactly? Cause a manufacturer page (product listing) is quite different from a cms page (html text)...

No worries..  I know if you could you would.

in general. I want the manufacture page to look more like a category page.  I want an image at the top that is like a category image. With the manufacturers images below.  I have the panda theme. I am still learning all it can do.. it maybe able too.

Actually more like this one https://www.spielezar.ch/marken

But where your Grey area is I want a image banner.  Also where is the part that makes it go horizontal or like a grid? like yours?

Like this...  https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/fabric-yardage-by-brand . it's not prestashop

ok if I change the TPL files.  Won't that go away in a upgrade? I guess I need to make a separate tpl file and do an include?

20 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

changing the tpl files to your need.

I was able experiment and had success. 

@Factor great. Yeah probably you need to save this changes before your update your theme. The changes would probably be lost...