thirty bees forum

Theme Master Module ~¤~with a little help from my friends~¤~

zen

Hello,

here is a module under devellopment that target the Niara theme for custom settings.

Please test it, report bugs or any ideas to improve it, together we can make a great tool for everybody that can manage from BO major changes in theme settings.

For Now it does include :

4 Tabs : General - Header - Footer - Colors

General

• Home page content
  • Container full width mode
  • Sticky Menu on Scroll
  • Google Font Selector

Header

• Header text in top of page
  • Header text font weight (light, normal, bold, bolder)
  • Header text alignment in top of page (left align, centered, right align)

Footer

• Show blocknewsletter footer block : Yes / No
  • Show blockcategories footer block : Yes / No
  • Show blockcms footer block : Yes / No
  • Show myaccount footer block : Yes / No
  • Copyright footer text:  textarea

Colors

• Theme settings - Colors - General
  1.   Body background color
  • Theme settings - Colors - Header
  1.   Top page Slogan text color
  2.   Top page Slogan background color
  3.   Header Navbar background color
  4.   Header background color
  • Theme settings - Colors - Content
  1.   Main page content background color
  • Theme settings - Colors - Footer
  1.   Footer background color
  2.   Footer text color
  3.   Footer title color
  4.   Footer links color
  5.   Footer links hover color

Remember that is only a beta version.. it does not include sass files and rebuild function, it just add more CSS on top of the one used in theme, mostly without "!important" needed.

GitHub repo here : https://github.com/Zengraph/thememaster/

thememaster.zip

Edited by zen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, datakick said:

Awesome. Is this opensource? Is there a github we can contribute pull requests?

I didn't expect to put it on github so early.. but why not 🙂

And yes it is opensource, for the community !

Looks really nice. I hope it will grow 🙂

First couple of small issues:

• Notice on line 255 in file /Users/tyruk/sites/thirtybees/modules/thememaster/thememaster.php --> [8] Undefined property: thememaster::$_html
  • <div id="slogan"> is rendered inside <head>, it should be inside <body>
  • You should not save Show blockcategories footer block and similar to configuration table, but derive current settings based on module hook. Right now, when I click not to show it, it correctly unhook blockcategories from footer. But I can go to modules and reset blockcategories module --> it once again shows in footer block, but your module claims it does not. Just a small glitch
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, datakick said:

Notice on line 255 in file /Users/tyruk/sites/thirtybees/modules/thememaster/thememaster.php --> [8] Undefined property: thememaster::$_html

Thank you for this report: so I added

private $_html = '';

• <div id="slogan"> is rendered inside <head>, it should be inside <body>

Right, I better use another hook like Banner

• You should not save Show blockcategories footer block and similar to configuration table, but derive current settings based on module hook. Right now, when I click not to show it, it correctly unhook blockcategories from footer. But I can go to modules and reset blockcategories module --> it once again shows in footer block, but your module claims it does not. Just a small glitch

Yes.. That is a crucial point.. in fact I would like to have at term only one module to control all aspects of the theme.. instead of multiple modules.

For this particular module there is no SHOW button [YES / NO] in native module, only number of column to show in footer, I'll have to test it and use the same var I guess, If it is what you thought about ?

I updated the module archive in First post with the corrections (except last point).

Edited by zen

3 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

when you are using the Footer settings to turn on which blocks to show, how do you change the order they are shown?  Is it still with module/positions, or not?

yes it still depends on modules -> positions 

and that may be a good option to add to the module.

41 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

It would be nice if this module would save different setups for different themes.  At least the two community themes...

For Now I just wanted to target Niara theme, making it able to modify also the Community Theme is pssible but will be much more complicated.

When you talk about different setups, is it like demos or color/setting Pack that can be installed in a click ?

I understand, so the best is to modify this files :

\admin007\themes\default\template\controllers\themes\helpers\options\options.tpl

and also \classes\Theme.php

in order to show the button for the module..

But I really hope to have only one module at the end, so for Theme community  I suggest to upgrade/modify the themeconfigurator module accordingly to the needs and for Niara starts to integrate this new module : thememaster.

The advanced settings page is again another place for theme settings, but as it is "advanced" maybe keep it like this is OK.

Edited by zen

Hi

Awesome, thanks Zen and co.
I haven't tried this myself yet, but from what I can see it's going to bring great value to Niara and the community. 

Once it's been refined a bit - should it not be included in TB for Niara as default / out the box? 
I vote yes 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Theo said:

Once it's been refined a bit - should it not be included in TB for Niara as default / out the box? 

I vote yes 👍

Nice to hear that 🙂

==> I just added a Google font selector with the 15 more popular fonts, just a beta version but it works... just that if is gonna be used in production it is better to look into the Niara theme and remove the call to the Ralway font if not needed anymore. The google font file used is easy to upgrade, it is coming from Gfont API https://developers.google.com/fonts/docs/developer_api?apix_params={"sort"%3A"popularity"} and I just kept the first 15 listed fonts.

preview001.jpg.aa1caa6002c36c1844f5e7a90ad83c6e.jpg

Next version will show visual renders of the fonts in real time, I hope 🙂

and taking care of font weights as well as italic or others variants.

Edited by zen
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hello,
I recently didn't have much Time to polish this module...but yes it should work on niara theme, just download it and install by FTP or with the proper zip archive, if downloaded from github you'll have to extract files and make the zip again of the archive directory.
I wish to finish this module if people like it..but for now there was not much return, maybe it will change soon, let's hope it.

Edited by zen
  • Like 1

btw, especially the color setting is a long needed and awesome feature!!💪 really appreciate this, even I don´t (yet?) use niara theme. This should be available in all modules!😍

EDIT: one more thing. When I change a setting and save it, I end up in "general" and not in the section I saved the setting

Edited by Sigi

On 4/21/2020 at 9:03 AM, zen said:

Hello,
I recently didn't have much Time to polish this module...but yes it should work on niara theme, just download it and install by FTP or with the proper zip archive, if downloaded from github you'll have to extract files and make the zip again of the archive directory.
I wish to finish this module if people like it..but for now there was not much return, maybe it will change soon, let's hope it.

Dear zen,

as you know, I'm new in TB, and as far as I went, I simply love it.
I just know your module 30min ago, and I love it.

Just few remarks to contribute for this:
- when apply changes to theme, it take so long to take effect on website. I refresh page page with F5, but take long time... is that normal, or is my ISP?
- in "theme settings - colors - header" is that possible to add more fields? the "Header Navbar background color" works fine, but is not possible to change the text color of Navbar.
- i dont understand at all programming, but I would like to offer (for free, of course) my contribution. Maybe I can translate for Portuguese.

At first sight the module is simply great. Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!
Is hard to add some more colour options, or it's a easy process?
I tried to modify the php file in order to add more options, but it's very difficult for me... I don't understand programming...

I tried to use other themes, but I love the simplicity of Niara. I just want to be able to choose other colour combinations.

Thank you a lot

Hello everybody,

- when apply changes to theme, it take so long to take effect on website. I refresh page page with F5, but take long time... is that normal, or is my ISP?

=> it's not normal nexty time try to refresh with CTRL+F5

- in "theme settings - colors - header" is that possible to add more fields? the "Header Navbar background color" works fine, but is not possible to change the text color of Navbar.

=> ok you need more fields.. tell me what and I'll add it too.

🙂

14 minutes ago, zen said:

=> ok you need more fields.. tell me what and I'll add it too.

Thank you zen. But I don't want to give you more troubles 🙂 i wonder if I can help any way...

I think that it will be good if we can change all colours: NAVBAR - background, text and hyperlinks, MENU - background, text, hangover... Maybe button colours and button hangover
Niara is a very clean theme, so I like it so much. If we can change it's colours it would be almost perfect

14 minutes ago, zen said:

=> it's not normal nexty time try to refresh with CTRL+F5

Still the same... but no problem I can wait...