Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Smile

Webp images not generated in all sizes

I noticed that not all product images where generated in Webp format. Investigating this I came along the following comment "Serve smaller images in the webp format to browsers that support it". Why can we not just generate also the bigger product images in webp format? Reading a bit about webp did not give me the answer....

10 hours ago, Smile said:

I noticed that not all product images where generated in Webp format. Investigating this I came along the following comment "Serve smaller images in the webp format to browsers that support it". Why can we not just generate also the bigger product images in webp format? Reading a bit about webp did not give me the answer....

I think you misunderstood the sentence. It does not say that only small images will be converted to webp. The meaning is that the resulting webp format is smaller

Well that can be the case 😉.... But in reality I have generated all product images again an and in product categories they are webp but on product pages they are still jpg....

@datakick thanks for your help all the time!

32 minutes ago, Smile said:

Well that can be the case 😉.... But in reality I have generated all product images again an and in product categories they are webp but on product pages they are still jpg....

@datakick thanks for your help all the time!

Did you click on 'reset indexation status' button before you regenerated images?