thirty bees forum

How to get certain products on home page first?

alwayspaws

I'm not sure I understand. Your page now shows both new products and featured products.

What you describe above sounds exactly like featured products.

If what you want to do is just remove the "new"-attribute on all the products, you could update the database like: update psproduct set dateadd="2017-01-01 00:00:00"; update psproductshop set date_add="2017-01-01 00:00:00";

@Havouza said in How to get certain products on home page first>:

Well I just tested. A fresh install from yesterday and products all new. set products as new 0 and the new label disappeared. Was that not the question?

That was something else I wanted to do was remove the new label.

But I want to pick and choose which products I show on my homepage from various categories.

Thank you all for your replies. When I get back on my desktop i'll do tests.

My main trouble is in the other post.

All my products are new because I just uploaded everything all over again with seven split CSV's. I'll go to that setting and set them to zero and whatever else I have to do when I get back on the site. I've been fighting with us for five hours this morning and for the past week and I just can't do anymore.

I really would appreciate if somebody would come up with the solution to my other problem with the image is not showing up.

I'm on my iPhone when I get back on my desktop I will edit and probably delete most of what I'm saying but I'm very stressed out right now

@wakabayashi said in How to get certain products on home page first>:

Tbh I am completly confused right now :) But ok just test the thing out when your at home. I still believe featured products is what you mean.

@alwayspaws you need to take a little rest. It's never good to work stressed on such project ;) I have been under stress for the past several months. My site never goes right one thing is fixed and the other goes wrong

@Havouza I'm not sure I understand why you want to create a new category featured and change the category ID in the featured product module.

Just put the product in the Home category and it will display as a featured product.

No need to add new a new category or change the module.

@roband7 just to explain why I do the extra category. We are drop shippers with a couple of shops. One of them has about 5000 products that is updated once a week directly from the supplier. Unfortunately, the categories is also set in the way that all 5000 also is in "home". It is easier for me to have another category and put the featured products in it than disable home on 4900 products

@Havouza said in How to get certain products on home page first?:

So meaning products should be featured and the new gone. So set the value to 0 to get rid of the new product. Well I just tested. A fresh install from yesterday and products all new. set products as new 0 and the new label disappeared. Was that not the question?

I changed Number of days for which the product is considered 'new' from 20 to zero, cleared cache, cleared three browsers cache. The "new" label was still there so I entered "1" (one) yesterday to see if "new" would disappear.

I cleared everything and the label is still there. I'll look further into the docs for my theme.