thirty bees forum

How to get certain products on home page first?

alwayspaws

@roband7 said in How to get certain products on home page first?:

@Havouza I'm not sure I understand why you want to create a new category featured and change the category ID in the featured product module.

Just put the product in the Home category and it will display as a featured product.

No need to add new a new category or change the module.

Do I have to manually remove all products that are currently labeled "home" just to get the ones I want to be at the top of my website?

Right now I have one dress and three chains on the home page. ugh! Also customers have to scroll down to get to the "featured products" which I'm trying to avoid. I want them to see my favorite products - hopefully attract attention - right at the top of my site.

I use the Transformer theme.![01497357608309i want specific home page

products - not these.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/40/1497357608745i-want-specific-home-page-products-not-these.jpg)

@roband7 said in How to get certain products on home page first?:

@Havouza I'm not sure I understand why you want to create a new category featured and change the category ID in the featured product module.

Just put the product in the Home category and it will display as a featured product.

No need to add new a new category or change the module.

Do I have to manually remove all products that are currently labeled “home” just to get the ones I want to be at the top of my website?

Right now I have one dress and three chains on the home page. ugh! Also customers have to scroll down to get to the “featured products” which I’m trying to avoid. I want them to see my favorite products - hopefully attract attention - right at the top of my site.

I use the Transformer theme. 0_1497357673628_i want specific home page products - not these.jpg

As far as I understand it @alwayspaws needs the featured products carousel to be at the top of the page, right below the banner slider for example. And the only way it could be done is with hooks I believe. There is live edit option where you could observe the changes. I personally don't use it because my current theme has its own configuration module but it's the way it should be done.

No he need his products that is in home to be shown on first page. He also want the new on each product to disappear. I still mean that this can be done by setting the value in products to 0 but he say it does not work. It work flawlessly here.

@Havouza said in How to get certain products on home page first?:

No he need his products that is in home to be shown on first page. He also want the new on each product to disappear. I still mean that this can be done by setting the value in products to 0 but he say it does not work. It work flawlessly here.

Maybe I have to wait more than 24 hours. I only made the change last night. Oh, btw I'm a "she". :)

Isn't it featured products what he needs? Every single product associated with home category should appear in the featured products carousel. New products is something else. It is the best way to pickup products which you need for the home page carousel.

@MockoB said in How to get certain products on home page first?:

Isn't it featured products what he needs? Every single product associated with home category should appear in the featured products carousel. New products is something else. It is the best way to pickup products which you need for the home page carousel.

This sounds good but too complicated for me and I can look into doing that further down the road. For now, I need something fast, because I'm not featuring jewelry chains.

:) I believe you need to choose which products to be visible on your home page carousel, am I right? If that is the case you have to use the featured products carousel as you do. You just need to move it at the top of your home page so it is the first thing customers should see? Choosing products in new products carousel is only possible by database edit I think. As for the featured products carousel you could choose every single product, order of the products etc. That is possible by adding the products to the home page category. The order you add them is the order they will show in the carousel backwards of course, last added will be the first in the carousel. To move the carousel at the top of your page (or wherever you want) you should use positions in hooks. It is not difficult at all, just try it. And of course I still may not get what you want to achieve but that is my best suggestion so far :)

Update! I found where to fix this in my theme:

Modules and services - Front office Features Featured products slider v1.4.8 - by SUNNYTOO.COM Displays featured products on homepage. Configure homefeaturedslider Featured products slider

Category to pick products from: 2 (home) Slide on homepage: sort by: random how to display: simple layout

hook manager: checked: displayHomeTop

Thank you, everybody!