Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Messenger Bee

Thirty Bees Future Announcement

Posted (edited)

I'm not buying or connected to buyers. Just someone who explored the price on a google doc that the seller put-up a while ago, now deleted and re-written.

My post is just about the sticking point, as I saw it. Maybe relevant to questions here, asking why no news. I'm glad this thread says that things have moved-on, and hope for good news.

Edited by veganline

IMO we should all stay patient for a few weeks. This "group" seems to be close, to make a deal with the current owner. No need to bring back the old negotiations in this thread back...

• Like 1

Okay this is interesting... I just switched to TB last week. 

Hoping the new owners will learn from the mistakes that happened when PS changed leadership for like 2 years, published a completely overhauled, but unfinished version, and then left lol

Please don't break the entire architecture like they did!

• Like 1

I guess they buy it for business continuity and security. Probably no need to worry, we all know how Prestashop is going down now. Only thing is buying companies probalt takes months. So we have to be patient.

I am not part of the new team. As the new team doesn't want to give recognition yet, I say something:

Because I have private contact to all almost all big contributors of this project, I have quite a clear idea, who the new owner will be (ofc I won't reveal anything to anyone). The new team is not any mysterious investor, who is lacking of tb/ps expierence. If this deal will be done, all TB users will be better of...

So please @all: relax 🙂

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Relax is my middle name 😀

As long as the good work continues I think we all be well served.

Edited by toplakd

Hi everyone

We know it's now been a while since our first post.

While we'd love to have new news to share, we're still waiting for some important documents to continue the negotiations.
Someone here mentioned that buying a company can sometimes take months. Unfortunately we're seeing that this may be the case here too.
We are eager to pick up the reigns and move TB forward, but will have to ask you all for your continued patience while we sort out all the details of purchasing TB.
We're picking up that it could still take many weeks before this thing has been finalised.

On the plus side, we do have some info to share:

• The Core Developer has essentially been finalised and has indicated that he is on board (subject to the sale of TB being concluded and other details, of course).
    We will reveal who, once everything is sorted. He will be full-time. And you will be more than happy 😉
  • We plan to move TB forward with continued maintenance and improvements and evolution.
    Making TB better, by building on its solid foundation and listening to the community. Not ripping it up and starting again.
  • So no plans to change architecture or any crazy Prestashop 1.7 or Symfony ideas.
  • There will be roadmaps, bug fixes, new features, enhancements, support and massive community involvement, feedback and participation.

We look forward to finalising the negotiations and purchase of TB.
We will provide feedback within the next few months. Hopefully sooner.
In the meantime, please keep using and promoting TB. We promise an exciting future for TB ahead.
Thanks for all your support 👍

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5