Amazon Payment Addresses

• I have noted this before, but have just had the time to explore it in some detail. The Amazon Payment module in guest checkout saves the address to manufacturers. If you go into the order and edit the shipping address there is a 0 in the email field. If you put the customer’s email address in the field and save the address an address is created in the proper place in Addresses. I checked the database and all the Amazon tables have a Type: MyISAM and Collation: latin1_swedish_ci. The rest of the tables have Type: InnoDB and Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Should I change the Amazon tables Type and/or Collation?

• This post is deleted!

• administrators

They have different collations because the modules chose to pick a different one. MyISAM is outdated and no longer recommended.

utf8mb4_unicode_ci allows for true UTF-8 support. Since thirty bees applies UTF-8 everwhere it is the only collation that should be used by default for the framework. If you do not use any foreign characters latin1_swedish_ci might be good enough for you.

• Ok for me.

• So should I change the Type and Collation or will that mess up things worse?

• Here are screenshots of what I did for guest checkout but I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for.

0_1499350799565_Amazon Pay guest checkout - need to add address and select address from amazon address book before selecting payment method.jpg

and

0_1499350844144_Amazon Pay guest popup.jpg

and

0_1499350920082_amazon pay shopping cart checkout options.jpg

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.