Table 'tb_access' already exists



  • Hi,

    I have a problem while installing 30b. It ends with an error: “Table ‘tb_access’ already exists”. Like the installer tries to create all tables all over again or something?


  • Global Moderator

    Yes, that’s how the PS guys have choosen to do things. One needs an existing, but empty database for a glitchless experience.

    If there’s no DB at all, the installer offers to create one. Which means, just deleting the DB is fine.


  • administrators

    Or you could choose a different prefix



  • But I install on an empty database, when I look in phpmyadmin the tables got created, and then this error…


  • Global Moderator

    But I install on an empty database, when I look in phpmyadmin the tables got created, and then this error…

    Doesn’t sound logical. Steps for installation are:

    1. Create a database, e.g. thirtybees.
    2. Install using this database, prefix is arbitrary. This creates tables inside this database, including table tb_access (where tb_ is the prefix).
    3. Click on the “Manage Shop” button to see further instructions.
    4. Remove folder install/ as instructed.
    5. Click the link given in these instructions.
    6. Note the current URL (ignoring parameters), which ends with adminxxyyzz/, where xxyyzz is a random string.

    Where does your procedure differ from this and in which step shows the error message up?



  • Step 2, during the install process. I create a db, upload files, launch install and during the table creation i have this error. I’m not new to prestashop by the way so please don’t write about obvious things :-)


  • Global Moderator

    I’m not new to prestashop by the way so please don’t write about obvious things

    Obviously there’s something going on I’ve never seen. Installer is pretty much the same as with PrestaShop. This check for table tb_access happens before the table gets populated, so I wonder what might trigger this check a second time and without user interaction.


  • Global Moderator

    Hmm. Error message for this initial test is “At least one table with same prefix was already found…”, while you write “Table ‘tb_access’ already exists”. So it’s apparently not this initial test, but an attempt to fill the database twice.



  • So the question is why the installer attempts to fill the db twice.



  • I tried to do it a bit differenty and it worked. Before I uploaded a zip file on the server and extracted it there. But it worken after I extracted the folder on my PC, and then uploded the files.



  • Its strange, because I always extract the zip on the server. But I never upload it from my pc I get it directly from tb to the webserver


  • Global Moderator

    I tried to do it a bit differenty and it worked.

    Glad to see this :thumbsup:


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.