lesley

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ajensen27 Thank you.

@wakabayashi I have my theme setting - Menu text transform: Capitalize

I was looking for a font that will capitalize and bold my main categories, since the one I chose - Roboto Slab - doesn't.

I have to check with sunnytoo because my main menu categories are not in all caps, after changing to verdana bold.

I would recommend changing your font color from black (#000) to a dark shade of grey (#444). It's more soothing on the eyes.

Also not a fan of the deep purple. A softer pastel color would suit a pet store more I think.

Also, on your home page, the category pictures with the names of the categories. Some of them are hard to read because they are overlapping the picture. I would first remove that 50% width on the name so it's 1 line instead of 3 for some of the larger names. Then I would I try to get the text to be below the picture (or above).

Just a few suggestions.

@ajensen27 said in New theme modules for 1.1.x:

I would recommend changing your font color from black (#000) to a dark shade of grey (#444). It's more soothing on the eyes.

Also not a fan of the deep purple. A softer pastel color would suit a pet store more I think.

Also, on your home page, the category pictures with the names of the categories. Some of them are hard to read because they are overlapping the picture. I would first remove that 50% width on the name so it's 1 line instead of 3 for some of the larger names. Then I would I try to get the text to be below the picture (or above).

Just a few suggestions.

I wanted suggestions. Does it look better now? Thanks!

@roband7 said in New theme modules for 1.1.x:

I’m also hoping that we can begin thinking about a better way than the current module/hook system. Something more widget-like, where the individual widget has no knowledge at all about where it’s used. Coupled with some sort of grid-based layout-system where instances of the widgets are combined. Coupled with some sort of system where these grids are connected to specific pages.

take a look here: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1238/better-templates-mods-management

@alwayspaws Yes the font color looks much better but would also change the black in the top menu bar (the hover too).

And the category pictures on the homepage does look better without the text than it does with it over the image. I would still try to incorporate the name of the category under those pics though.

And that color looks a lot better than the deep purple before. Looks much more professional now. All in all, the site looks great.

As I was about to hit submit, I just noticed that product zoom box is way off to the left. I would fix this so that it is directly right of the main product image.

Also, can barely read the login and contact text in your header bar. Would change those font colors to white.

If you need any more suggestions, shoot me a DM.

-Alex

@lesley said in New theme modules for 1.1.x:

In 1.1.x we are looking at changing the modules up a bit. We are going to be reducing the number of modules that are used in themes by combining several modules down into single modules. An example is the block my account and the block my account footer. There is no reason to have to maintain 2 modules for this.

At the same time we are looking to introduce new front end modules as well. Things that theme developers can use to make shops prettier or more functional.

What kind of new front end modules would you like to see?

For the frontend, I would like a Categories page, where all the products from all the categories (with the possibility to exclude/include specific cats/subcats) are listed so people can filter them.

@foolab The easiest solution would be to create an additional main category under the start category and then move all other categories into it. (Of course, then all products should be assigned to this category.) With the blocklayered module, customers could then filter.

EDIT: for example - name submain-cat -> "all products" and add this to topmenu

@ajensen27 said in New theme modules for 1.1.x:

@alwayspaws Yes the font color looks much better but would also change the black in the top menu bar (the hover too).

I've been working on that and trying to decide what colors would look best and be attention-getting. Dressed up dogs are not enough! lol!

And the category pictures on the homepage does look better without the text than it does with it over the image. I would still try to incorporate the name of the category under those pics though.

I can only have it one way - captions on the pics or no captions. AFAIK

And that color looks a lot better than the deep purple before. Looks much more professional now. All in all, the site looks great.

Thank you! I needed this encouragement.

As I was about to hit submit, I just noticed that product zoom box is way off to the left. I would fix this so that it is directly right of the main product image.

On my desktop in three browsers, my zoom looks right:

0_1514416121834_FF zoom works.jpg

Also, can barely read the login and contact text in your header bar. Would change those font colors to white.

Those are also being worked on. I have to figure out which setting they are from. Transformer has so many color and font settings.

If you need any more suggestions, shoot me a DM.

-Alex

Thank you,

Stephanie

• 4 weeks later...

@ajensen27 I have configured several settings and made some color changes. The captions are now centered underneath the Advanced Banner Images.

Zoom is working properly again.

0_1516367329998_zoom works fine Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 8.06.54 AM.jpg

I also just added the top bar back, which I'm going to configure next.

Thank you very much for the suggestions that are making my site look much better!