Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

bhtoys

Double order email module?

Recommended Posts

I have info about shipping, and order pick ups at the bottom of the invoice people get when they place an order... but more people than not, don't seem to see it, read it, or even check their invoice. 

It's annoying. 

Is there a module, or a way, or a feature, that will allow the site to automatically send TWO emails when an order is placed? 
One that sends the invoice, and another that sends shipping/pick up information, etc.?

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not what you're looking for, but a work around would be to have different order statuses and send different emails based on the status. You could automate the change of order status so you don't have to do it manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 30knees said:

It's not what you're looking for, but a work around would be to have different order statuses and send different emails based on the status. You could automate the change of order status so you don't have to do it manually.

You're right, it's not. I'd like the double email for the main reason that people "should" see the second email saying "About your order", and be like "What is this?!" Then they'd read it and have the answers to their questions, that were in the invoice anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might consider changing the email template for the status "Payment Accepted" to modify it so it displays the shipping/pickup information.  It can be triggered automatically when an online payment is processed which for most orders is the norm. Customers will get this email in addition to the normal order confirmation email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, datakick said:

You can also use my Consequences module to achieve this

Thanks! Downloaded it, but can't find where in the admin I can set up an entirely new email to be sent via your module. 
I can't even find where to alter a pre-existing Status, or Email Template?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bhtoys said:

Thanks! Downloaded it, but can't find where in the admin I can set up an entirely new email to be sent via your module. 
I can't even find where to alter a pre-existing Status, or Email Template?

If you want to send brand new email, then follow these steps:

  1. ftp to your site
  2. go to mails directory in your theme/language, for example /themes/niara/mails/en
  3. create <email_name>.txt and <email_name>.html files (or copy existing email templates and save them under new name)
  4. edit email templates, and insert appropriate {placeholder} into it -- these will be replaced with the actual data
  5. go to consequences module, and you will see this new email template available for use. If you select it, you will need to map all {placeholders} from the template

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 1:35 AM, datakick said:

If you want to send brand new email, then follow these steps:

  1. ftp to your site
  2. go to mails directory in your theme/language, for example /themes/niara/mails/en
  3. create <email_name>.txt and <email_name>.html files (or copy existing email templates and save them under new name)
  4. edit email templates, and insert appropriate {placeholder} into it -- these will be replaced with the actual data
  5. go to consequences module, and you will see this new email template available for use. If you select it, you will need to map all {placeholders} from the template

I have some time tonight to finally work on this. I may of mis-spoke. Doing this, the site should send out TWO emails now per order, right? An invoice, and the one I set up via this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes.

when the new email is sent is governed by the trigger you choose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...