Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

vincentdenkspel

How to improve SEO

Hi,

Hope somebody has some tips for me.
On my productpages i have entered the meta title and meta-descritpion.
When i search for products, i'm often listed on page 2. 
Does somebody have some tips for me what i can do to rank higher ?
Thank you.

In case not tried already...
Seobility.net keeps me occupied, used about once a week as the free scans can run-out. Also Gtmetrix.com.
The Seobilty dashboard page has tabs for onpage, backlinks, and rankings.
Suggestions for ranked pages are hard to find at the bottom right of that page, but worth a look if some of your pages already rank on page two.
Backlinks aren't much listed on the free account, but if you use the site without an account from another browser the listing is better and you can check your own site and similar ones to see who links.
Onpage tests never quite come-right for me but get gradually better. I often score badly for duplicate content but the similar test site ahrefs says I am OK so this isn't a precise measure.
The ebbs and flows of popularity are as rapid as tides and should not cause panic.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, vincentdenkspel said:

You can use the Google Search Console to see if it's indexing all your site well. Rich content is one of the things that can improve the way your site is showed.

• Like 1

My two cents is to invest a little in a good seo tool. Free is ok, but you have to have higher knowledge and also combine a few (limited) tools. Time is money too.

Semrush is great but very expensive. However there is a more simpler tool (but is improving day by day) called Ubersuggest that has an incredible offer as you can pay for lifetime licence. It is 490$ but using an indian proxy you can have it for 120$ (lifetime) as price it is based on country. In my opinion this price is amazing and I totally recommend it.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, vincentdenkspel said:

Hi,

Hope somebody has some tips for me.
On my productpages i have entered the meta title and meta-descritpion.
When i search for products, i'm often listed on page 2. 
Thank you.

I think page 2 is pretty good to be honest. There are only half a dozen websites that can be on page 1 out of the hundreds / thousands who want to be. 

I presume we are talking about generic searches here and not adwords or the google shopping?

From what I read from Google, Meta title is not really used to govern search results, it is just the browser tab name, it should be easily readable for the human eye. Meta description is not really used much either, that is the 'snippet' that appears under the search result page title. Google are more and more looking at the content of the page, relevance, popularity and authority (how many other websites link to you)

So Meta's are really only used now for display purposes and should be human readable. Many of the larger sites (perhaos jsut many sites) are now just making these quite generic.

Because in the past these meta's were abused.

Yes you should research key words but the should be on the page itself emebed in the product title, description etc. Research what you are selling, and how others word their titles and descriptions, then compile your infomration based on that.

Make sure your the information in each page is worded how your customers will search. For example no point having a title of "My New Widget for holding things" if customer wil search google for "box for spanners"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rubben1985 said:

However there is a more simpler tool (but is improving day by day) called Ubersuggest that has an incredible offer as you can pay for lifetime licence. It is 490$ but using an indian proxy you can have it for 120$ (lifetime) as price it is based on country.

Do you need to be connected to that proxy only during the purchase or also afterwards when using the service?

only to purchase the license 🙂

I used tunnelbear that is free and have indian server

Edited by rubben1985
  • Like 1