Email translations No subject was found in the database



  • Unable to use html edit order_changed to remove powered by PS
    "No subject was found for order_changed in the database"

    0_1498840640517_Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 12.31.25 PM.png

    The following were blank:

    0_1498840744370_Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 12.26.25 PM.png
    0_1498840817402_Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 12.26.00 PM.png



  • I confirm.
    0_1498904500241_b0954c2a-7067-4081-b701-d6696252edc2.png

    0_1498904616204_9be752ef-2281-4b1b-b1c9-cde569139ca1.png



  • Seems there was a problem with the installation process. Can you confirm that there exists a subdirectory /mails/<YourLanguage> at all?
    I’d guess no.
    If the subdirectory would exist, tb will accept the changes and clone the changed mails directory to /themes/<YourTheme>/mails/, where it will be searched automatically in case of further changes.
    Solution: Go to localization --> translations --> section: Add / Update a language and import your language. Then try again to modify the mails.



  • @Occam said in Email translations No subject was found in the database:

    Seems there was a problem with the installation process. Can you confirm that there exists a subdirectory /mails/<YourLanguage> at all?
    I’d guess no.

    Mine does exist:
    mails/en

    My installation was a clean install via cpanel

    If the subdirectory would exist, tb will accept the changes and clone the changed mails directory to /themes/<YourTheme>/mails/, where it will be searched automatically in case of further changes.
    Solution: Go to localization --> translations --> section: Add / Update a language and import your language. Then try again to modify the mails.

    Will this solution overwrite all the “powered by prestashop” I’ve already edited out?

    If it will should I just replace the three emails from a new copy of TB?
    order_changed
    order_conf_product_list
    order_conf_cat_rules



  • Why so complicated? How about this?

    1. Copy the folder /mails/en to your locale computer.
    2. Open all html files at once with notepad++.
    3. Choose Replace from menu, then
    4. Replace with option in all open files the following:
      <tr>
      <td class=“footer” style=“border-top:4px solid #333333;padding:7px 0”>
      <span><a href="{shop_url}" style=“color:#337ff1”>{shop_name}</a> powered by <a href="http://www.prestashop.com/"
      style=“color:#337ff1”>PrestaShop™</a></span>
      </td>
      </tr>
    5. Click on Save all
    6. Repeat this with the phrase
      powered by PrestaShop™ [http://www.prestashop.com/]
      for the txt files in this folder.
    7. Upload the folder to /themes/<yourTheme>/mails


  • I like your thinking @Occam!
    We need a tips and tricks thread :)

    Was already through them all one by one, have a mac so no notepad++ and thought it could be a bug not sure why it happened.



  • Then take JEdit, TextWrangler or TextMate instead. All 3 run on OS X.



  • Thanks! will check them out



  • Back to translations…while editing out powered by PS I tried to change it to thirtybees using the icon image for the link but editor gave me a 500 error for the file source lookup to add image

    0_1499191799863_Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 2.02.51 PM.png

    0_1499190814150_Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 1.52.07 PM.png



  • I hope someone comes along and offers some help. I’m going to be doing this soon, also.


  • administrators

    Hey @vzex
    Can you get me access to a demo where I can find the 500 error?

    I tried to reproduce the error myself but everything was working as it should here.



  • Hi sorry for not responding sooner, took a time out from frustration :)
    How can I do that? @mdekker



  • We all understand! I’m on the brink of taking a timeout now. Maybe.



  • Had to do a rollback so now need to restore what I lost.

    The only bad part about frustration timeout is you loose the tempo and have to get it back :)

    Two days was good, now I just want to steam ahead, until the rain stops and sun comes out at least!



  • Very sorry. I have a test site for all the screwups I make. It’s hard to regain the momentum, but once you do … the sky’s the limit! Can you please (I hope I’m right!) update your reply to Michael with his ID so he knows to come back here? We usually try not to bother him but he asked you for something I don’t know how to do, either.



  • It’s actually good practice, frustrating but good :)
    I’ve been using tbupdater as my backup method since it’s quick to do and offers rollback.
    PS didn’t have that option unless there was an actual update so I hope TB stays this way!

    Same with the test site. My plan is to move directory to main domain once working.

    Updated for access info, thanks for the hint.



  • This is news to me! I need to check it out but there is an overwhelming amount of work involved with setting up a new a site. YW for the hint. :)


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.